Should the Falcons Keep DJ Shockley for '08?

I think DJ will be good enough to be a back up for the Falcons for years to come. He won't ever be a starter. He just doesn't have what it takes in my opinion. But I think he should remain with the team as a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

I like DJ and he has big time character. He is a good influence on the rest of the team and all the GA homers love talking about him and how he should be the starter. That alone is worth it to me to keep him around.

I just love for the UGA homers to get all riled up. They are just so **** funny when they get that way. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think it will be an open competition in training camp for every member of the team.

If Dimitroff uses the same template that the Patriots did when Pioli and Belechick took over the Pats, look for all of the high priced players to be shown the door via trade, cut, and free agency.

freeze1st (1/14/2008)
I've heard a lot of people talking about DJ Shockley. My opinion is the man deserves a chance to be an NFL QB with the Falcons, some say we don't need no hometown heroes, while others such as myself think that DJ Shockley is a real talent and one we don't need to lose. Voice your opinion. Whatever it maybe please.

I say keep him during pre-season if his leg rehabbed well keep him as a third. Keep him and Redman and sh-tcan the rest. they have made enough money to live quite well. And pick up another QB in the draft or thru FA. ;)

Harrington is useless and Leftwich is soooo slow that we can see why Jax canned him. :P

I'll support his place on the team as long as he's a Falcon. I personally haven't seen him play much (since I don't watch UGA football), but based on the fact that he couldn't move up to at least second string during the Puketrino debacle, but more importantly during Mora's reign, I don't see much hope for him now that he has a major injury to overcome. If he couldn't move to SECOND string when healthy, how is he going to start after not being able to practice for a year?

******ALERT***** THIS IS AN EMERGENCY ALERT. THERE HAVE BEEN 14 POST TO THIS THREAD. AND NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN FROM "GEORGIA Fan." THERE IS NO WAY THAT A THREAD HAS EVER BEEN POSTED ABOUT DJ AND THE GA.fan IS NOT IN ON IT. WE MUST CHECK ALL LOCAL HOSPITALS, JAILS AND ANY OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF CONFINEMENT. THERE IS NO WAY THE GA.Fan WOULD HAVE LET THIS THREAD GO BY. MAYBE THE FLA. GATOR FANS HAVE KIDNAPED HIM. EVEN WORST, MAYBE THE TAMPA BAY FANS GOT HIM. I DON'T LIKE IT. SOMETHING IS WRONG. WHERE IS GA.Fan?:angry:

freeze1st (1/14/2008)
I've heard a lot of people talking about DJ Shockley. My opinion is the man deserves a chance to be an NFL QB with the Falcons, some say we don't need no hometown heroes, while others such as myself think that DJ Shockley is a real talent and one we don't need to lose. Voice your opinion. Whatever it maybe please.

DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE!!!!

REV.2000 (1/15/2008)
******ALERT***** THIS IS AN EMERGENCY ALERT. THERE HAVE BEEN 14 POST TO THIS THREAD. AND NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN FROM "GEORGIA Fan." THERE IS NO WAY THAT A THREAD HAS EVER BEEN POSTED ABOUT DJ AND THE GA.fan IS NOT IN ON IT. WE MUST CHECK ALL LOCAL HOSPITALS, JAILS AND ANY OTHER INSTITUTIONS OF CONFINEMENT. THERE IS NO WAY THE GA.Fan WOULD HAVE LET THIS THREAD GO BY. MAYBE THE FLA. GATOR FANS HAVE KIDNAPED HIM. EVEN WORST, MAYBE THE TAMPA BAY FANS GOT HIM. I DON'T LIKE IT. SOMETHING IS WRONG. WHERE IS GA.Fan?:angry:

yea sorry im here now. yesterday i went on a college visit with my friend to UGA, and i loved it there. ive been there once before, but it was a long time back. of course i was dumb, because i thought we would be done before night we left, but nope, so it got cold wearing shorts.

GEORGIAfan (1/15/2008) yea sorry im here now. yesterday i went on a college visit with my friend to UGA, and i loved it there. ive been there once before, but it was a long time back. of course i was dumb, because i thought we would be done before night we left, but nope, so it got cold wearing shorts.

just don't make the mistake of thinking The Varsity is from athens. i've met too many Ga fans that have thought that i just can't help but laughing.

birds_till_death (1/15/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/15/2008) yea sorry im here now. yesterday i went on a college visit with my friend to UGA, and i loved it there. ive been there once before, but it was a long time back. of course i was dumb, because i thought we would be done before night we left, but nope, so it got cold wearing shorts.

just don't make the mistake of thinking The Varsity is from athens. i've met too many Ga fans that have thought that i just can't help but laughing.

why would i. i would assume that every1 knows its from atlanta, because the major 1 is like right next to GT.

im not exactly sure, but didnt it have a different name like the yellow jackets or georgia tech diner( something to do with GT)

Difficult one this.

If we draft a QB with one of our first three picks then I say no because our QBs will be Redman (Who I think deserves to be here in at least the 2 or 3 spot) DJ and draft guy (who I wouldn't want to start any time soon) that's something like 4 starts in the NFL.

If we dip into FA for a QB then yes. I don't have a problem with giving him a shot.