AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS McFADDEN IS A NORWOOD LITE?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr John Zoidberg (1/14/2008)
I'm thinking I would rather have the other back from Arkansas... Jones.

But he'll probably go in the first and I'd rather spend our #1 on the O-line.

The only O-line worthy of the top 5 pick is Jake Long and hes going to be gone before we pick, Ryan Clady is going to be a top 15 pick, so who are we drafting as O-line?

Twinblade (1/14/2008)

The only O-line worthy of the top 5 pick is Jake Long and hes going to be gone before we pick, Ryan Clady is going to be a top 15 pick, so who are we drafting as O-line?

There are plenty of prospects in the second and third rounds. We will have a total of four picks there.

Assuming we don't get Long.

magnus23 (1/14/2008)
I believe McFadden is too much like Norwood - just hyped more.I don't think we take him if available, since it will be a waste without an offensive line.We might try to trade down with Dallas however - if available.

We can get this guy on day two anyway.

Funny you should say this: I was thinking the same thing this weekend. There do appear to be similarities.

Agree with you 100% on OL priority.

If McFadden doesn't stay away from bars, he may be available much later in the draft:D

magnus23 (1/14/2008)
Twinblade (1/14/2008)

There are plenty of prospects in the second and third rounds. We will have a total of four picks there.

Assuming we don't get Long.

70/30 chance we will land long...Other then that, McFadden should be the pick as he would fill seats in stands and sell more tickets. Nobody would buy tickets to see some O-line we drafted.

NewFalcon (1/14/2008)
magnus23 (1/14/2008)
I believe McFadden is too much like Norwood - just hyped more.I don't think we take him if available, since it will be a waste without an offensive line.We might try to trade down with Dallas however - if available.

We can get this guy on day two anyway.

Funny you should say this: I was thinking the same thing this weekend. There do appear to be similarities.

Agree with you 100% on OL priority.

If McFadden doesn't stay away from bars, he may be available much later in the draft:D

If we were going to draft a running back high ... I would prefer Jonathan Stewart.

Can run a 4.38 ... and weighs 235 pounds....

If the #1 tackle is gone then I would say we try to trade down unless there's a player of value at our pick.

If we were at the #3 or #4 pick we'd have a shot at Chris Long, McFadden, Jake Long, or Glenn Dorsey. I wouldn't mind any one of those guys but if we're looking at McFadden and Dallas is **** bent on having him... trade down.

And as far as O-line goes.... I'm waiting on more offensive linemen scouting reports. Jake Long is clearly the #1 prospect. I'm curious to see who the next guys are and how much of a drop they are.

If the #1 tackle is gone then I would say we try to trade down unless there's a player of value at our pick.

If we were at the #3 or #4 pick we'd have a shot at Chris Long, McFadden, Jake Long, or Glenn Dorsey. I wouldn't mind any one of those guys but if we're looking at McFadden and Dallas is **** bent on having him... trade down.

And as far as O-line goes.... I'm waiting on more offensive linemen scouting reports. Jake Long is clearly the #1 prospect. I'm curious to see who the next guys are and how much of a drop they are.

I really don't see us trading down at all, Dallas will not trade with us, that trade people keep putting up is really unrealistic as it is. We are pretty much stuck at our spot. 3rd, 4th or 5th.

70/30 chance we will land long...Other then that, McFadden should be the pick as he would fill seats in stands and sell more tickets. Nobody would buy tickets to see some O-line we drafted.

I understand what you're saying and agree with McFadden selling tickets.

However I am hoping that we #1 stay away from QB's in the first round.

#2 Blank and company have learned that what this team needs is substance and not "sizzle."

And I think we're going to be looking at blackouts next season regardless of who we draft.

hopefan22 (1/14/2008)
Twinblade (1/14/2008)
Most teams that had losing seasons still sell tickets, thats what you call true fans, unlike the ones here.

So your say that your willing to sacrifice wins to draft McFadden

Oh yes, 2008 we should lose again and again just so we can draft McFadden clones.

hopefan22 (1/14/2008)
Twinblade (1/14/2008)
Most teams that had losing seasons still sell tickets, thats what you call true fans, unlike the ones here.

That's exactly what he's saying. That's what the majority of Falcons fans are saying. Anything to get the next big superstar in here right?

Twinblade (1/14/2008)

I really don't see us trading down at all, Dallas will not trade with us, that trade people keep putting up is really unrealistic as it is. We are pretty much stuck at our spot. 3rd, 4th or 5th.

I can't disagree with that either. That's why I said we try to trade down and if Dallas was "**** bent on having him." It will take a LOT for them to be able to get into the top 5 even with two first round picks.

If we can't trade down then take the next BPA if it's not one of the four I mentioned earlier. Again I do not think any QB in this draft is worth a pick in the top 15 let alone top 5.

#2 Blank and company have learned that what this team needs is substance and not "sizzle."

And I think we're going to be looking at blackouts next season regardless of who we draft.

Thats because most of our fans are nothing but spoiled punks that cries when we lose, true fans stick behind their teams losing or winning without jumping ship. We all want to win but in reality, we are going to lose some and we are going to win some.

If we happen to draft a QB early in the first round, We will have losing seasons for years to come and become the next Detroit Lions.

:w00t:

Twinblade (1/14/2008)

Thats because most of our fans are nothing but spoiled punks that cries when we lose, true fans stick behind their teams losing or winning without jumping ship. We all want to win but in reality, we are going to lose some and we are going to win some.

If we happen to draft a QB early in the first round, We will have losing seasons for years to come and become the next Detroit Lions.

Again, I can't disagree with anything you're saying. However I must compliment you on your wisdom when it comes to QB because I agree 100%.

Headshot (1/14/2008)
hopefan22 (1/14/2008)
Twinblade (1/14/2008)

That's exactly what he's saying. That's what the majority of Falcons fans are saying. Anything to get the next big superstar in here right?

Your such an Idiot. Please tell me when did i say "We should always lose just so we can load up on superstars!" I didn't think so.