calling Josh McDaniels, Pats OC

f1ver

true, Josh McDaniels told us that he wasn't interested in being HC here...but that was before we got Dimitrioff. if we could peel both of these guys away from the Patriot's organization, it'd be fantastic. If I'm Dimitrioff, I'm on the phone, calling Josh every ten minutes, asking "how 'bout now?" and have McKay on the line, raising the $ until he says yes

I think what fans do NOT want to here is this, BUT The Falcons are not going to the SB next year. They may not even having a winning record next year. Getting a old coach is NOT the answer. This team is RE-building, and we need to get rid of the losers on this team, and start young, and new. A young new coach is what this team needs. I have NO problem with Josh McDainels if he would take the job. There is NOT one OC in the NFL that does a better job calling plays than him. (HE DOES CALL THE PLAYS DON'T THINK HE DON'T) He understands how to attack the defense, because he KNOWS the their weaknesses. Also he understands QBs, and he would do a great job bringing on a young franchise QB.

67camaro (1/14/2008)
I think what fans do NOT want to here is this, BUT The Falcons are not going to the SB next year. They may not even having a winning record next year. Getting a old coach is NOT the answer. This team is RE-building, and we need to get rid of the losers on this team, and start young, and new. A young new coach is what this team needs. I have NO problem with Josh McDainels if he would take the job. There is NOT one OC in the NFL that does a better job calling plays than him. (HE DOES CALL THE PLAYS DON'T THINK HE DON'T) He understands how to attack the defense, because he KNOWS the their weaknesses. Also he understands QBs, and he would do a great job bringing on a young franchise QB.

I do NOT want a guy to call the plays. I want a guy who CREATES the plays and on the Pats that is Belicheat.

Now a guy like Spags in the game last night along with Tom C. actually changed the game plan on the fly. That's what I want. Not some kamikaze game plan like Knapp thinks up and the younger Mora won't change.

That's what the Falcons need.

67camaro (1/14/2008)

I agree with most of your points. They are why I wanted Singletary here.

I've been on the bandwagon saying he is too young. Not convinced yet. We could do worse however.

do you know for a fact that Josh McDaniels doesn't help create the plays? Even if you're right, he obviously knows what works and what doesn't work

The Patriots have made adjustments all year long in their game plans and flat out dominated.

If you're going to use the Giants' adjustments in its win last night as THE reason for to bring on Spags, keep in mind that the Cowboys came pretty close to pulling a win out themselves.

Anyway, I think it's unlikely that Josh McDaniels will change his mind. I just think that if we're going to get Pioli's right hand man, it'd be great if we could also tap someone like Belicheck's right hand man

I do NOT want a guy to call the plays. I want a guy who CREATES the plays and on the Pats that is Belicheat.

Now a guy like Spags in the game last night along with Tom C. actually changed the game plan on the fly. That's what I want. Not some kamikaze game plan like Knapp thinks up and the younger Mora won't change.

That's what the Falcons need.

don't give the coordinator too much credit for the success of the offense. Brady is one of the smartest players and he's extremely accurate. a coordinator doesn't have to call the perfect play in a given situation, but Brady will go out and execute. having an awesome o-line doesn't hurt either, plus the amazing receiver corps they put together this year

Hmm. This board is full of people with misinformation. People are saying that McDaniels does not develop plays? He is the guy who is leading the Patriots offense in that 4-5 WR formation. I live in New England and the guy is a God up here. Its well known that McDaniels spent the majority of his time finding the most effective and efficient ways to get people open. If thats not helping develop plays I don't know what is.

f1ver (1/14/2008)
true, Josh McDaniels told us that he wasn't interested in being HC here...but that was before we got Dimitrioff. if we could peel both of these guys away from the Patriot's organization, it'd be fantastic. If I'm Dimitrioff, I'm on the phone, calling Josh every ten minutes, asking "how 'bout now?" and have McKay on the line, raising the $ until he says yes

Too inexperienced and not yet ready to assume the responsibilities of a head coach, IMHO.

He may indeed be a future head coach, but now is not the time and Atlanta is not the place to potty train a head coach.

67camaro (1/14/2008)

How hard can it be calling a play with Moss, Brady, Welker, Maroney, and Stallworth

f1ver (1/14/2008)

he didnt say he wasnt interested, he told all the teams he declined all offers of interviewing for the hc until the offseason...which could be feb. until we got an interview if he accepts.