I have a question for you dhall haters, and people who like to call players on our team thugs

Watching the colts vs bolts yesterday, did anyone catch bob sanders jumping on the field goal kicker for the chargers thanking him for missing the field goal, and he got penalized for it, would that put him in the category of him being a thug and being a "me" player??If this was dhall, he would of got flamed the next day by most of the members on this board for his actions..Does sanders being the defensive mvp keep him out of the category of being a thug type player??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
Watching the colts vs bolts yesterday, did anyone catch bob sanders jumping on the field goal kicker for the chargers thanking him for missing the field goal, and he got penalized for it, would that put him in the category of him being a thug and being a "me" player??If this was dhall, he would of got flamed the next day by most of the members on this board for his actions..Does sanders being the defensive mvp keep him out of the category of being a thug type player??

It wasn't so much a "thug" moment as it was stupid. How you could think you wouldn't get flagged for something like that I'll never know.

The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

It wasn't so much a "thug" moment as it was stupid. How you could think you wouldn't get flagged for something like that I'll never know.

personally, i didnt think he would get flagged..i didnt know u could get flagged for thanking someone from the other team for missing a field goal..I see corners all the time smilling and slappin the recievers on the butts for missing the balls thrown to them sometimes, and that never gets a flag..

octoslash (1/14/2008)

falconsstomp you sure take some sh#t seriously lol

if your not a young black person, i wouldnt expect you to understand..callin a person a black person a thug, coming from someone of the opposite race is an insult, and is not called for. This board is so wishy washy sometimes. When dhall gets penaltys like he did against carolina, everyone throws the game on him and say he lost us the game, but i bet colt fans dont put their lost yesterday on bobby sanders because of the 15yards penalty he got..its a team effort, the team lost..

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

personally, i didnt think he would get flagged..i didnt know u could get flagged for thanking someone from the other team for missing a field goal..I see corners all the time smilling and slappin the recievers on the butts for missing the balls thrown to them sometimes, and that never gets a flag..

I believe it had more to do with jumping up on the kicker and slapping his back. If no contact had been made the refs probably would have let it go.

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

I know they were college teammates, and since I saw it without knowing what he said, I assumed it was more of a "nice try" or "don't let it get you down" kind of thing. I suppose it wasn't though, and if it was a "thanks for missing it" kind of thing then it was a crass comment and unsportmanslike, deserving of a penalty, doesn't say volumns about who he is a person though.

This post says waaay more about the poster being a troll than Sanders being a thug.

The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

I believe it had more to do with jumping up on the kicker and slapping his back. If no contact had been made the refs probably would have let it go.

You are %100 correct here. Contact mandates the flag.

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
octoslash (1/14/2008)

falconsstomp you sure take some sh#t seriously lol

if your not a young black person, i wouldnt expect you to understand..callin a person a black person a thug, coming from someone of the opposite race is an insult, and is not called for. This board is so wishy washy sometimes. When dhall gets penaltys like he did against carolina, everyone throws the game on him and say he lost us the game, but i bet colt fans dont put their lost yesterday on bobby sanders because of the 15yards penalty he got..its a team effort, the team lost..

My great-grandfather was a black man, so I guess that means I can only grasp 1/16th of your point. :hehe:

joremari (1/14/2008)
i don't see the big deal. they went to college together, he was probably just giving him a hard time like old college friends.

but i don't think my pov counts here b/c i don't think dhall is a thug.

exactly. I dont think many people here even know what a thug is. Not even MV is a thug. Players are no different than people you see everyday for some reason many expect them to be more than that.

rhourk (1/14/2008)
The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

but yall are not getting my point tho..if this were to be dhall and the falcons, dhall would have been on blasts this mornin and everyone would be sayin this thug cauzed us the game with his foolish acts..are u seeing my point??

thenfl (1/14/2008)
joremari (1/14/2008)
i don't see the big deal. they went to college together, he was probably just giving him a hard time like old college friends.

but i don't think my pov counts here b/c i don't think dhall is a thug.

exactly. I dont think many people here even know what a thug is. Not even MV is a thug. Players are no different than people you see everyday for some reason many expect them to be more than that.

my point exactly..people toss that word thug around here like its a good word to associate someone with, especially someone being an african american..

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

1. Bob Sanders doesn't play for the Falcons.

2. Yes it was selfish of Bob Sanders to do what he did.

3. The penalty did not extend a drive and allow a game winning TD.

Now, onto the topic of being a drama queen... I don't think ANYBODY called D Hall a "thug" or "me player" because of ONE PLAY. :D

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

but yall are not getting my point tho..if this were to be dhall and the falcons, dhall would have been on blasts this mornin and everyone would be sayin this thug cauzed us the game with his foolish acts..are u seeing my point??

But you are not getting the point tho... D Hall has a history of things like this. Bob Sanders does not.

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

my point exactly..people toss that word thug around here like its a good word to associate someone with, especially someone being an african american..

Aren't you the one that started this topic? Just to rehash all the same old stuff. Good job.

falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
rhourk (1/14/2008)
The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)
The Kaiser (1/14/2008)
falconsstomp (1/14/2008)

No, because you don't have a point. It's only conjecture, no substance.