Just say no to McFadden!!

I don't have anything against McFadden really but I don't think he is the answer for us. Yes I would prefer him over any of the quarterbacks but we all know we have needs far greater than a RB. I have seen too many mock drafts that have us taking McFadden when what we should do is trade down and get more picks/players. Here's my suggestion:

We luck out and get the #3 pick. The Jets pick #6. They really want McFadden. We trade down with them for the #6 pick and Jonathan Vilma. We also throw in a conditional pick in next years draft. I know it may sound crazy but Vilma's value would still be a late first round pick according to the trade value chart. That's a lot more than teams have been getting for good players in trade. Hey anything is possible right?

p1_vilma_all.jpg

Art Vandalay (1/14/2008)
I don't have anything against McFadden really but I don't think he is the answer for us. Yes I would prefer him over any of the quarterbacks but we all know we have needs far greater than a RB. I have seen too many mock drafts that have us taking McFadden when what we should do is trade down and get more picks/players. Here's my suggestion:

We luck out and get the #3 pick. The Jets pick #6. They really want McFadden. We trade down with them for the #6 pick and Jonathan Vilma. We also throw in a conditional pick in next years draft. I know it may sound crazy but Vilma's value would still be a late first round pick according to the trade value chart. That's a lot more than teams have been getting for good players in trade. Hey anything is possible right?

p1_vilma_all.jpg

sounds nice, but it won't happen. They should do what it takes to get Jake Long.