The 2008 Draft is actually perfect for a team like the Falcons who have extra draft picks and so many holes

halsey

grendel (1/14/2008)
halsey (1/14/2008)
This would be a great draft for the Falcons to be looking for trade downs. I hope they can trade down from the top 5 and also get a 3rd rounder for Kerney. So many needs could be filled in one draft.

If we get the #3 pick, then even trading down from #3 to #4 (2200 points vs. 1800) is 400 points, or a mid 2nd round pick.

I reall hate that math formula because human are not points. If they were then Harriongton would be a better QB than Tom Brady. I hope the Falcons don't take that system too seriously. To me, 2 guys of first round talent are generally better than one, even if the one guy has a much higher grade or whatever.

halsey (1/14/2008)
grendel (1/14/2008)
halsey (1/14/2008)
This would be a great draft for the Falcons to be looking for trade downs. I hope they can trade down from the top 5 and also get a 3rd rounder for Kerney. So many needs could be filled in one draft.

If we get the #3 pick, then even trading down from #3 to #4 (2200 points vs. 1800) is 400 points, or a mid 2nd round pick.

I reall hate that math formula because human are not points. If they were then Harriongton would be a better QB than Tom Brady. I hope the Falcons don't take that system too seriously. To me, 2 guys of first round talent are generally better than one, even if the one guy has a much higher grade or whatever.

Every team uses the points formula. You can look at all the trades in the draft, teams moving up, they use the points system. It's very difficult to move up to the top 5, I wouldn't mind trading down if we can get the guy we want.