Falcons New Headcoach

I was listening to ESPN radio and John Clayton is stating that with the hiring of Dimitroff as the Falcons new GM the coaching list has expanded further. He said that the only coach on the expected list of candidates he is seeking which the Falcons interviewed prior to his hiring was Jason Garret. Other candidates are expected to be current Pats OC Josh McDaniels, former Baltimore HC Brian Billick, former Lions and 49ers HC Steve Mariucci, and current St.Louis DC Jim Haslett. From this list I think the best option would be Brian Billick. What are your thoughts?

Tha Godfather (1/13/2008)
I was listening to ESPN radio and John Clayton is stating that with the hiring of Dimitroff as the Falcons new GM the coaching list has expanded further. He said that the only coach on the expected list of candidates he is seeking which the Falcons interviewed prior to his hiring was Jason Garret. Other candidates are expected to be current Pats OC Josh McDaniels, former Baltimore HC Brian Billick, former Lions and 49ers HC Steve Mariucci, and current St.Louis DC Jim Haslett. From this list I think the best option would be Brian Billick. What are your thoughts?

I agree. Billick would be my choice...

As a coach, you'd never have to worry about him doing or saying something totally outlandish, like Mora...

His downfall was that he never really addressed the lack of production on offense, a mistake I doubt he'd repeat...

If Haslett is hired, I'd probably tar and feather myself...

Yuck! If that's Dimitroff's list, then I am worried:

Josh McDaniels, OC-Pats - by all accounts, this guy is not ready

Brian Billick, Ex-HC-Ravens - this "offensive" genius never had a "top 15" offense and is arrogant

Steve Mariucci, Ex-HC Niners/Lions - his teams never had toughness and he did nothing with the Lions - he lost the lockerroom as well

Jim Haslett, DC-Rams, Ex-HC Saints - what has this guy ever done since becoming Saints HC. His teams consistently lacked discipline and underachieved

I don't like any of them......c'mon, I hope John Clayton is wrong. I like Schwarz, Mike Smith, Rex Ryan and Jim Caldwell better than all of these guys....

Jason Garret. Other candidates are expected to be current Pats OC Josh McDaniels, former Baltimore HC Brian Billick, former Lions and 49ers HC Steve Mariucci, and current St.Louis DC Jim Haslett. From this list I think the best option would be Brian Billick.

again that is a pretty strong list...i like brian billick, and steve mariucci...man i hope that they pick a a "name brand" (not like jim mora jr or from college)

TO: THE ATLANTA FRONT OFFICE:

:)PLEASE PICK FROM THE NFL I DONT CARE WHAT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Only names I liked on that list were Garret and the OC for the pats. And he is very green.

I don't think Dallas is going to let Garret get away.

Haslet was a train wreck. Billick was an offense guy who could never get the offense going. Mooch probably gets a bit of a bad rap, but the soft thing has some truth to it. I am not sure he has what it takes to rebuild a team.

I would rather have Dennis Green than any of those guys.

Clayton has been wrong before. I guess I can hope.

Biren and Falconfor6,

please enlighten me on why you think Brian Billick would be a good head coach.

Reasons he's not a good HC candidate:

1) He is NOT a good offensive guy and that is supposed to be his expertise

2) Never had a "top 15" offense

3) His good record is result of superior athletes on defense drafted by Newsome

4) He's an arrogant SOB

5) He "lost" his players at end of year, spelling his doom

6) Just made "awful" playcalls this year

7) His superbowl win was done w/ no offense - he was "right place/right time"

What are the reasons YOU think Falcons should hire him?

Give me Haslett and keep both Jackson and Zimmer as OC and DC and we would be good.

g-dawg (1/13/2008)
Biren and Falconfor6,

please enlighten me on why you think Brian Billick would be a good head coach.

Reasons he's not a good HC candidate:

1) He is NOT a good offensive guy and that is supposed to be his expertise

2) Never had a "top 15" offense

3) His good record is result of superior athletes on defense drafted by Newsome

4) He's an arrogant SOB

5) He "lost" his players at end of year, spelling his doom

6) Just made "awful" playcalls this year

7) His superbowl win was done w/ no offense - he was "right place/right time"

What are the reasons YOU think Falcons should hire him?

Relax, man...

I don't necessarily think the Falcons should hire him...

I just selected him as the best candidate out of that list...

John Clayton knows nothing. He just makes stuff up. He also said Vick wouldn't get indicted. The guy should write mystery novels.

I would be very surprised if anyone on that list was hired to be our Head Coach, with the exception of Jason Garrett.