How Dimitroff got the job via video conference

Atlanta Falcons Hire Thomas Dimitroff as New General Manager, Replacing Rich McKay

Posted Jan 12th 2008 4:35PM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Falcons, Atlanta

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Atlanta Falcons have hired New England Patriots director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff as their new general manager.

The move signals the end of the Rich McKay era as general manager, and a sign that Falcons owner Arthur Blank is serious about bringing someone in to run the game who has experience with building a winning franchise. McKay (pictured) is expected to remain with the team in a business capacity but lose all authority over football operations.

Dimitroff reportedly had his interview with the Falcons via webcast and gave the Falcons brass a PowerPoint presentation. It must have been a good one. He's now got the job of turning around what might be the worst franchise in the league right now.

That is probabaly the best program to give a presentation too. I would have loved to see that presentation. It probabaly beats a GM coming in with a briefcase full of books and paper. :P

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/12/...ral-manager-re/

bgarcia28 (1/13/2008)
It wasn't Power Point that got him the job. It was his thoughts and ideas that sold Arthur.

ITS how you present to people that says alot about you too. any person in buisness will tell you that. ;) are you into technology OR are you in the past? ;) Obviously the pats are into technology. They said Mora showed up with a bunch of note books.

nativefalcon (1/13/2008)
bgarcia28 (1/13/2008)
It wasn't Power Point that got him the job. It was his thoughts and ideas that sold Arthur.

ITS how you present to people that says alot about you too. any person in buisness will tell you that. ;) are you into technology OR are you in the past? ;) Obviously the pats are into technology. They said Mora showed up with a bunch of note books.

I agree with you Because that's the future. I work for really big firm and that's how we perform our work. Whenever we talk to IBM.. Most of the time our presentation gets done thru powerpoint... also, a lots of our presentation happens thru Video Conference nowdays..

We are nowhere NEAR the worst franchise. We are FARRR better than the New York Jets, Miami, St. Louis Rams or the Kansas City Chiefs. We are probably better than most without all of the distractions. We live in a VERY good city with MANY fortune 500 companies and international companies. Other than New York and California, Atlanta is an excellent place for a franchise and with about 3 or 4 more players, we can become a playoff team. Believe it!

red2play (1/13/2008)
We are nowhere NEAR the worst franchise. We are FARRR better than the New York Jets, Miami, St. Louis Rams or the Kansas City Chiefs. We are probably better than most without all of the distractions. We live in a VERY good city with MANY fortune 500 companies and international companies. Other than New York and California, Atlanta is an excellent place for a franchise and with about 3 or 4 more players, we can become a playoff team. Believe it!

Sportswriters, media, etc...love to kick a franchise when it's down. Especially if that franchise is not a NY,etc. It's a known fact that people don't think a lot of Atlanta. So be it. I could care less what they call us. As a Dolphin secondary fan, I can tell you that we're nowhere near as bad as they are! (Their history is better of course)

fat matt (1/13/2008)
Why do WE keep getting called the worst franchise in the league:rolleyes:? The team is not that great but I would think the Dolphins are the worst team in the league right. That's just me though.

That's why Bill Parcells chose us over the Dolphins

hahahahaha

It might be tough finding a good coach. Brings me back to the days when they hired Marion a 2nd time because nobody else would take the job....

nativefalcon (1/13/2008)
bgarcia28 (1/13/2008)

I agree! Yeah, I remember Mora showed up with a bunch of note books, hahaha Here's what he had in his notebooks it looked like this :

XOO

OXO

OOX

Blank reportedly said "X" doesn't look that bad your hired. :laugh:

If you aren't up to date on the current technology then your obviousally not up to date on the latest information about everyone who might potentially be a candidate to play for this team and their current situation. Technology and presentation is key I think to getting hired for any job now.

I know I'm gonna hear BS from not putting in more ",", I can't help it I type faster than I think, maybe that's why Blank turned me down for the job. My presentation on this post sucks I know but nobody's perfect!:w00t: