Just My Two Cents worth

shudawuda

I hardly ever post, but i do read the boards every day, and just bored today, thought i'd weigh in. With either keeping the 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick in the draft, whichever way the coin toss turns out, or trading down and picking up another pick or two, we're going to get immediate help somewhere. Im not a big proponent of picking a quarterback in the 1st round. I think we'd be able to pick up a good one to sit for a year in the second, and see what Redman can do with even a decent o-line. If memory serves me, in the last few games, he threw for over 300 yards once, and close to 300 another, and thats with an o-line that leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe we've got a gem in Redman and never even knew it? Although i would love to have McFadden, as would most people, i think we'd help ourselves more by not using our first pick on him, and waiting till the 2nd, or even 3rd round for rb help. I've always followed Clemson year after year, and that kid Davis is going to be a good one for somebody, even though im obviously biased, but he is one tough son of a gun, and is built for running in the trenches. Anyway, just my views. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and getting ready to watch the playoffs..

Our first pick should be used along either the O-Line or D-Line.

The first second round pick should fill the position not filled with the first round.

The second; second round pick pick up a QB.

This of corse is following a RB pickup in FA. Michael Turner

If he falls we should give alot of consideration to Leodis McKelvin for DB/Punt Returner in the second/third round area.

It SHOULD probally be Dorsey our Long they are the smart picks, however DMAC just makes me salavate at the mouth. A runningback is nothing without a good o-line of course but I just got the feeling that if we passed on Mcfadden it would come back and bite us in the ##### later on.

As of today we have 3 day one picks. Both sides of the line need to be addressed on day one. While that second 2nd round pick could be used for a RB, or a young QB to develop,that need could be addressed in the 3rd round on the second day. Another problem area, to address on the first day is safety.

Crocker is not up to par, while Lawyer Milloy is a leader he is getting older and Daren Stone has the potential to be a starter or at least part of the nickel or dime packages.

604hof (1/13/2008)
As of today we have 3 day one picks. Both sides of the line need to be addressed on day one. While that second 2nd round pick could be used for a RB, or a young QB to develop,that need could be addressed in the 3rd round on the second day. Another problem area, to address on the first day is safety.

Crocker is not up to par, while Lawyer Milloy is a leader he is getting older and Daren Stone has the potential to be a starter or at least part of the nickel or dime packages.

how does a 1st 2 2nds and a 3rd equal 3 picks.That's 4 and we can get a 5th 1st day for Kerney if we're lucky,at least a 4th if we don't get a 3rd.