Chris Mortenson loses home in storm ....dying laughing at some of these responses

swiftkick

Some scary news from those storms in Arkansas: It appears everyone's favorite NFL scoopster lost his house.

Chris Mortensen woke up yesterday morning to learn most of his home and landscaping had been destroyed.

What was once a tranquil home for Chris Mortensen and his family, turned upside down during Monday night's bout with severe weather. "I didn't know what happened until I woke up in the morning. I looked around, and told my wife, 'you need to get up.' I don't think she was too excited to look at it all," says Mortensen.

It may take up to six months to clean everything up. But in the meantime, he says he will be better prepared the next time a storm hits. He says, "I'm a light sleeper, but you can't worry about this kind of stuff. God's in control, and he's protecting us."

We wish Mortensen luck in reconstructing his home; we've had family members' homes destroyed by tornadoes in the past, so we know how awful that can be. We just feel extra bad for Mortensen, because he had just reported that, according to sources, his house was going to be just fine. Hey, it happens

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boom, it looks like Mortenson will likely rebuild, though team officials have not made that official quite yet. No deadline is set for a decision, but sources tell me the family will look elsewhere if insurance companies start dragging their feet

The worst part for Mortensen is that Jay Glazer reported his home's destruction first on Fox Sports' web site.

Fortunately, Mortenson's hair was not damaged during the tornado.

Mel Kiper states that there are several sleeper Colonials on his board available to Mortenson when it comes his time to choose

Chris Mortensen is now reporting that it wasn't his house, but a house around the corner that looks very similar to his own.

Good thing he has Warrick Dunn's contact information

God is too busy deciding who gets fired on Celebrity Apprentice tomorrow night

Charlie Casserly is reporting on NBC that insiders are quietly questioning whether the NFL is covering up evidence that Bill Belichick caused this tornado.

swiftkick (1/13/2008)
Some scary news from those storms in Arkansas: It appears everyone's favorite NFL scoopster lost his house.

Chris Mortensen woke up yesterday morning to learn most of his home and landscaping had been destroyed.

What was once a tranquil home for Chris Mortensen and his family, turned upside down during Monday night's bout with severe weather. "I didn't know what happened until I woke up in the morning. I looked around, and told my wife, 'you need to get up.' I don't think she was too excited to look at it all," says Mortensen.

It may take up to six months to clean everything up. But in the meantime, he says he will be better prepared the next time a storm hits. He says, "I'm a light sleeper, but you can't worry about this kind of stuff. God's in control, and he's protecting us."

We wish Mortensen luck in reconstructing his home; we've had family members' homes destroyed by tornadoes in the past, so we know how awful that can be. We just feel extra bad for Mortensen, because he had just reported that, according to sources, his house was going to be just fine. Hey, it happens

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boom, it looks like Mortenson will likely rebuild, though team officials have not made that official quite yet. No deadline is set for a decision, but sources tell me the family will look elsewhere if insurance companies start dragging their feet

The worst part for Mortensen is that Jay Glazer reported his home's destruction first on Fox Sports' web site.

Mel Kiper states that there are several sleeper Colonials on his board available to Mortenson when it comes his time to choose

Chris Mortensen is now reporting that it wasn't his house, but a house around the corner that looks very similar to his own.

Charlie Casserly is reporting on NBC that insiders are quietly questioning whether the NFL is covering up evidence that Bill Belichick caused this tornado.

I wonder if he has multiple houses, because he suposed to live here too at one time. Sucks being rich. :P

You would think that his buddy Parcells could float him some cash in exchange for his disinformation campaign that helped the Tuna land the fat contract in Miami.

Beano Cook is reporting that his home under the Panhandle Bridge in Pittsburgh is just fine and that he will continue to collect tolls throughout the winter.

While initial reports suggest that it could take up to six months to clean everything up, Mortensen has decided to bring his house to noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion.

nativefalcon (1/13/2008)
swiftkick (1/13/2008)

I wonder if he has multiple houses, because he suposed to live here too at one time. Sucks being rich. :P

Yeah, he does have multiple homes. He's mentioned on ESPN that he has a house in Arkansas and one in Georgia...