excellent move

jm_falcons

So who the eff is Tom Dimitroff? I was asking myself this question when I heard the news earlier today.

After finding out that he is the director of college scouting for the Patriots...well lets just say that I need to stop clapping cause my hands are stinging.

A few weeks ago I was asking myself why are the Patriots the greatest team that ever played the game?

Is it Billicheck? He was horrible in Cleveland.

Is it Brady? a very smart excellent passer but he still has his weaknesses.

Moss? He's great but so were the Pats before they got him.

So what was it?

It was there ability to draft effectively through the draft and free agency...that is how they have done it. They have a collection of good players at every position. It was only recently that they aqcuired a star player like Moss from FA.

Tom Dimitroff is the director of college scouting for the Pats. He is a key component to there success over the years.

He is the perfect fit for the Falcons. He has been given a great opportunity to bring a disaster of a team back from the depths of #$%^!

Thus...his motivation will be enhanced...and once combined with Blank and McKays hands off approach(HOPEFULLY!)...it will be exactly what this franchise needs.

I for one thinks its an excellent move.

I also agree....they hav the best offensive line and defensive line in the league.......the most important parts of the offense and defense....they grew both in the draft and 90% of both during his time on the team....he was the guy scouting thesae players

Vince Wilfork #75 Defensive tackle

Height: 6-2 Weight: 325

College: Miami (FL)

Draft: 2004 - 1st round (21st pick) by the New England Patriots

He is the best DT in the league

Ty Warren #94 Defensive tackle

Height: 6-5 Weight: 300

Draft: 2003 -1st round (13th pick) by the New England Patriots

Logan Mankins #70 Guard

Height: 6-4 Weight: 310

Draft: 2005 - 1st round (32nd pick) by the New England Patriots

Dan Koppen #67 Center

Height: 6-2 Weight: 296

Draft: 2003 - 5th round (29th pick) by the New England Patriots

Nick Kaczur #77 Tackle

Height: 6-4 Weight: 315

Draft: 2005 - 3rd round (36th pick) by the New England Patriots

+

CB:Ellis Hobbs

CB:Asante Samuel

FS:James Sanders

FS:Eugene Wilson

FS/CB:Brandon Meriweather

K:Stephen Gostkowski

RB:Laurence Maroney

AND MANY MORE WHO THEY LET GO LIKE

WR:Deion Branch

AND MANY MORE

I love these intelligent, positive posts! I think we're building a solid front office! With McKay's excellent football administration knowledge, Dimitroff's fantastic talent evaluation, and Accorsi's operations input, we are assembling all the right pieces to make a productive whole!

REV.2000 (1/13/2008)
falconchef (1/13/2008)
With McKay's excellent football administration knowledge,

I COULD DEBATE YOU ON THAT STATEMENT. BUT IT'S JUST YOUR OPINION ....... NOT A FACT. SO I'LL JUST RESPECT YOUR "OPINION.":)

Respectfully, my opinion is based on the fact that he was a leading candidate for NFL Commissioner last year, as well as the off-field improvments this team has made. In another thread, i fully acknowledged his questionable talent evaluation, and I concede that his football administration knowledge does not mean on-field success. This is why I am excited to have a bona-fide talent evaluator working with him.

On a side note, it's refreshing to be disagreed with respectfully, instead of the usual (not from you, Rev, but from the Kindergarten minority) "What a dumbazz". I applaud you, Rev!

jm_falcons (1/13/2008)
So who the eff is Tom Dimitroff? I was asking myself this question when I heard the news earlier today.

After finding out that he is the director of college scouting for the Patriots...well lets just say that I need to stop clapping cause my hands are stinging.

A few weeks ago I was asking myself why are the Patriots the greatest team that ever played the game?

So what was it?

It was there ability to draft effectively through the draft and free agency...that is how they have done it. They have a collection of good players at every position. It was only recently that they aqcuired a star player like Moss from FA.

Tom Dimitroff is the director of college scouting for the Pats. He is a key component to there success over the years.

He is the perfect fit for the Falcons. He has been given a great opportunity to bring a disaster of a team back from the depths of #$%^!

Thus...his motivation will be enhanced...and once combined with Blank and McKays hands off approach(HOPEFULLY!)...it will be exactly what this franchise needs.

Apparently they don't OVERPAY their players either or they wouldn't have the money to assemble so many very good players on the same team.....or else, they're sliding some money to them under the table.

jm_falcons (1/13/2008)

So what was it?

I really love the hire, I think that Tom Dimitroff can flat out get it done and get really good players in here and not over pay for them and make stupid draft picks like trading up for Jenkins. Now if we can just find a great coach to go along.