My random thoughts regarding next Falcons HC

g-dawg

per AJC, everytime Falcons intereviewed a GM, they got that potential GM's "short-list" of Head Coaching candidates. I would think Blank/Accorsi/McKay then proceeded to interview the coach candidates.

My guess would be that Blank&Co. have already interviewed one or two of Dimitroff's favorite guys for Head Coach and already like them.

I agree with those who don't think its Josh McDaniel - from all accounts this guy is not ready yet to be a head coach and I think even McDaniel knows this and that is why he pulled his name out of the hat.

I also think per media reports and speculation that Tony Dungy is probably retiring this year. If so, per Charlie Casserly of CBS Sports, Colts have a succession plan and Casserly says its Jim Caldwell as new HC. If so, Caldwell already knows this and there would be ZERO chance that Caldwell would be the head coach for Falcons if Dungy retires.

So, who is Dimitroff going to pick as head coach? hmmmmm.......I don't know. I don't know what "tie-ins" that Dimitroff has with these other guys......

I would just guess its going to be someone from AFC like Mike Smith or Schwartz or someone.