Tom Dimitroff

doubletrouble21 (1/12/2008)
Are you aboard with this hire?

Very happy and I'm glad this hire could hurt the patriots, people thought when we grabbed mckay that he was the brains behind the bucs now it seems more like ruskill and the other guy were it. This could be the guy behind the pats, and 4 of his players he picked are going to the pro bowl and TWO are linemen :) :) :)

And the best part the pats could possily get weaker. :w00t:

I am absolutely floored with the decision to hire Dimitroff, If the Falcons can become a mini version of the New England Patriots I'll be all for it. I just hope he makes a good HC hire. I'm thinking now we'll either get Rex Ryan or Jim Schwartz, or Mike Smith.

Absolutely on board.

No more stealing the 49ers coaching staff and wondering why your team still sucks.

If you're gonna steal a guy, steal him from a winner. Dimitroff is an excellent hire. Big flashy signings don't win championships so adios Pete Carroll. Smart ones however, sometimes do.

Very happy with the Falcons for not taking a hype guy, or a face guy, or an energy guy, or a whatever the **** they were looking at with the past couple of hires guy- and getting a real football mind, one of the architects of a dynasty in here- and MOST IMPORTANTLY- a guy who believes in building from the LINES OUT!!! Best part about him! So long 1st round WRs- hello first round Ts and DTs.

The Cush (1/12/2008)
Very excited. He knows firsthand how the Patriots do there thang, and is well-regarded as a talent evaluator in league circles.

I don't know enough about the guy to comment on the higher but the Pats thang isn't exactly rocket science. High football IQ players that fit your system...and also happen to be some of the best in the league. That and they can get guys to take a pay cut for a real shot at a ring (something that no matter how much of the Pats front office Blank brings in the Falcons can't match.)

BigBird (1/13/2008)

I am absolutely floored with the decision to hire Dimitroff, If the Falcons can become a mini version of the New England Patriots I'll be all for it. I just hope he makes a good HC hire. I'm thinking now we'll either get Rex Ryan or Jim Schwartz, or Mike Smith.

This is a great hire. Also, it may be that the door just opened for Josh McDaniels for a head coach. If there is not a HC hire pretty soon I will take that as a sign we are waiting for the certain teams season to end

wauchope (1/13/2008)
Absolutely on board.

No more stealing the 49ers coaching staff and wondering why your team still sucks.

If you're gonna steal a guy, steal him from a winner. Dimitroff is an excellent hire. Big flashy signings don't win championships so adios Pete Carroll. Smart ones however, sometimes do.

Very happy with the Falcons for not taking a hype guy, or a face guy, or an energy guy, or a whatever the **** they were looking at with the past couple of hires guy- and getting a real football mind, one of the architects of a dynasty in here- and MOST IMPORTANTLY- a guy who believes in building from the LINES OUT!!! Best part about him! So long 1st round WRs- hello first round Ts and DTs.

Totally, thats what Mariuccis and even Singletary scared me, anything coming from the 49ers sux. ;)

I'm glad that Mr. Blank didn't go for flash, and appears to have gone for true "football knowledge" in this hire. Also glad this occurred before the HC hire. For a few weeks there, I was getting concerned that we'd have yet another McKay HC hire on our hands.

I'll reserve judgment as to how good the hire is until after his first draft. But based on the past few New England drafts, it should be positive.

boilerfan (1/13/2008)
I'm glad that Mr. Blank didn't go for flash, and appears to have gone for true "football knowledge" in this hire. Also glad this occurred before the HC hire. For a few weeks there, I was getting concerned that we'd have yet another McKay HC hire on our hands.

I'll reserve judgment as to how good the hire is until after his first draft. But based on the past few New England drafts, it should be positive.

Thats just it all he did was compile data for Pioli and BB we have no idea who he will draft.