Can we please get rid of Brooking

trojandawg

Geez lets not, the man has given this organization his all, on and off the field " played out

of position most of his career" and never complained once" **** he even came back earlier

than he was supposed to and played with a broken bone in his back a few seasons back.

Players like Brooking you reward, you dont just dump them, that would just be classless!

brooking is the defensive captain only because of tenure.

boley is the true captain of the defense.

brooking is a big liability. he can't stuff the run...he can't cover in space...he can't run to the sidelines and make plays.

he is done.

he makes all of his tackles after a 6-10 yard gain.

True he is playing out of position, but he is not worth the 10mil cap hit he will cost us next year. he will have to restructure again or be gone. we need linebackers that will make a play on the other side of the ball!!!!

we have had no real linebacker play since tuggle.

we have some young talent and a couple of good draft picks to get someone who is going to make plays now...not 5 years ago.

brooking is the defensive captain only because of tenure.

boley is the true captain of the defense.

brooking is a big liability. he can't stuff the run...he can't cover in space...he can't run to the sidelines and make plays.

he is done.

he makes all of his tackles after a 6-10 yard gain.

True he is playing out of position, but he is not worth the 10mil cap hit he will cost us next year. he will have to restructure again or be gone. we need linebackers that will make a play on the other side of the ball!!!!

we have had no real linebacker play since tuggle.

we have some young talent and a couple of good draft picks to get someone who is going to make plays now...not 5 years ago.

trubirdfan4life (1/13/2008)

brookings legacy....losing!!!!!! lets not continue the trend!

The only way losing could be his legacy is if he had played all those years alone. Sure he has slowed down of late. But time will do that to us all. Weather he should go or stay, that won't be our call. But I do know you can't hang losing legacy on him. **** Butkus didn't win a ****'of a lot either. And I'm not saying that Brook is ****. But I am saying if you try to tag him with this legacy, it means you never really watched him play. Brook's time is coming to an end, but he gave us the best he had. And I thank him for it.:) PS ..... YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE NEW FANS BECAUSE YOU'D KNOW HE IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT FROM OUR 1998 SUPER BOWL TEAM. DID YOU SEE HIM THEN?

REV.2000 (1/13/2008)
trubirdfan4life (1/13/2008)

brookings legacy....losing!!!!!! lets not continue the trend!

The only way losing could be his legacy is if he had played all those years alone. Sure he has slowed down of late. But time will do that to us all. Weather he should go or stay, that won't be our call. But I do know you can't hang losing legacy on him. **** Butkus didn't win a ****'of a lot either. And I'm not saying that Brook is ****. But I am saying if you try to tag him with this legacy, it means you never really watched him play. Brook's time is coming to an end, but he gave us the best he had. And I thank him for it.:) PS ..... YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE NEW FANS BECAUSE YOU'D KNOW HE IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT FROM OUR 1998 SUPER BOWL TEAM. DID YOU SEE HIM THEN?

Come on, Rev, You're slipping! The ONLY one left? Have you forgotten the NFC Championship Game winning Great Dane!!??

REV.2000 (1/13/2008)
falconchef (1/13/2008)

Come on, Rev, You're slipping! The ONLY one left? Have you forgotten the NFC Championship Game winning Great Dane!!??

YOU'RE RIGHT ...... I FORGOT ABOUT MORT. FATHER TIME WILL MAKE YOU SLIP:D[/quote

It's alright! We'll give you a pass since... MORTEN ANDERSEN IS SO OLD HE MAKES REV.2000 LOOK YOUNG!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

You must be Rich Mckay's kid... They said the same about Patrick Kerney!!! And look what happened.

It s people like you that hurt the team.

Word to the wise&

If it s not broke don t try to fix it!.

Are you saying the LB to the Left and Right are Pro bowlers!? Think about it newbe.

66% 78% 58%

WLB MLB BLB

Dwilliams Kbrooking MBoley

I am not saying that the percent of the LB s is accurate it s a for a visual understanding. You do not replace the player with the higher percentage for no reason. If he has a bad year then he has a bad year. Baseball mentality 3 strikes then your out.

The next worst thing that could happen to our defense is to get rid of Coleman because he had a bad year.

And!!!! I say again worst thing that could happen to our defense is to get rid of Coleman.

He too will be the sack champion the next year.

he should be able to retire a falcon. he may have to help with the cap hit, but i think his cap charge is so high because we keep asking him to redo his contract so we could have cap space in previous yrs. that is one reason i'm glad mckay is replaced because i cant stand doing that. may have to cut him and just re-sign him for 1-2 years at 3-4 mil a year.

trojandawg (1/12/2008)
he is past his prime and hurting the team.

Welcome Mr. Newbie, AND the answer to your question is: NO!

Brooking will play his normal position at WLB next season and he will retire a Falcon. He is a popular player, a GT grad, and his #56 will eventually be in the Ring of Fame!!

Remember, only you can prevent dumb posts!!