Here's The BEST News Regarding The Hiring of THIS Particular GM!!!!!!

Although Dimitroff probably didn't go out in the "field" himself and evaluate the talent, which we all know is typically done by area scouts, he'll probably promote and bring many of his personnel from the Patriot with him to the Falcons. And while he probably doesn't have much say in free-agency, i can guarantee you he knows good talent when he sees its. Besides, he has an established relationship with many in the Patriots org. aka connections. I believe they will be more willing to assist since he's not in the AFC

BINGO!!!!

I've already said that I hated how we actually hired him, over webcast without an actual interview, but if he brought over McDaniels and other personell I would be perfectly fine with it and would not say another bad word about the hire, at least until the draft. If he just takes another shot at Pete Carroll, I'm going to be pissed as should everyone else that calls themself a Falcon fan

Yes its true that he isn't reposneible for the way the Pats masterfully control the cap every year but he HAS been in that organization and hopefully he laerned some stuff and he can bring that work ethic to Atlanta. Speaking for myself I'm only 18 and God willing I'll be a fan for another 60 years. I'd prefer not to but if I have to I'll wait patiently the next servral years for us to biuld ourselves back up and hopefully and with a little luck wie'll resemble a fraction of what the Pats are. in the coming decades.

The best thing is that he comes from an organisation that knows the importance of hoarding draft picks and building for the long term via the draft. That approach alone will reap huge benefits for this team, and is one of the main reasons why the Patriots manage the cap so well and have a roster with talent and depth.

Good personnel decisons aren't about 1 person. They require a whole structure and system in place to scout and evaluate players, and Dimitroff has learned from an orginsiation which is second to none.

Robert Miller (1/12/2008)
Although Dimitroff probably didn't go out in the "field" himself and evaluate the talent, which we all know is typically done by area scouts, he'll probably promote and bring many of his personnel from the Patriot with him to the Falcons. And while he probably doesn't have much say in free-agency, i can guarantee you he knows good talent when he sees its. Besides, he has an established relationship with many in the Patriots org. aka connections. I believe they will be more willing to assist since he's not in the AFC

BINGO!!!!

We will not move forward until the Carroll deal is dead. Get it in your head. This is the reason we dont have any news unless you people post it as news. Carroll is who AB wants and i agree.

(1/12/2008)
This is a weird hire. I don`t like it. This guy doesn`t impress me at all.

I don't see why dude, anyone in the pats organizations OK by me. While he may not have been directly involved in some things, he was still involved, and having anyone who can draft like the pats do is awesome.

j105 (1/12/2008)
(1/12/2008)
This is a weird hire. I don`t like it. This guy doesn`t impress me at all.

I don't see why dude, anyone in the pats organizations OK by me. While he may not have been directly involved in some things, he was still involved, and having anyone who can draft like the pats do is awesome.

and imagine if he brings over some of his staff!!! that would be awesome!!

lets see .....staff coming from one of the best sports organizations in the world.....to the lowly falcons.......elevator going UP!!!!