Speaking Out About the Fan Reaction to the New GM Hire

Ok, not meaning to beat down anyone on purpose,

but the amount of people on here who are having a go at the GM hire and complaining

and whinging about the hire should without a doubt leave right now.

this guy hasn't even started yet, what right do any of you have to be bad mouthing him,

you have no idea how he's going to do, you might have an idea, but in football, anything can happen, thats why we play the game. So please, give this guy at least a chance.

You might think you know all about it. You might THINK you have so many reasons why he will fail, but first give him a chance to succeed. ANyone can critique from an armchair at home, but when it comes to running a franchise, leave it to the pros, if half the people on this board knew as much as they claim then our fan base would comprise over half of the coaching staff in the NFL.

People were asking why atlanta is such a bad job, why we can't get a coach, its coz no coach wants to deal with a fan base that will turn on him so profusely without any reason before he has even started. You should be ashamed to call yourselves fans of this team.

Being a fan means sticking by your team, HAVING FAITH. Something ATL fans need to realise, so try not to crucify this guy until you actually have some reason.

Now I don't know if he'll be successful, i don't know if this will end up a good hire,

but what i do know is no matter what i'll stick by my team and support them through thick and thin, regardless of the GM or anything else.

Just something I noticed,

so GO FALCONS!!!

hawkeyes (1/12/2008)
Its called the 1st amendment, but Im feeling better about after the initial shock of the news.

It's not the 1st amendement, it's a lack of maturity and intelligence from people who have no direct knowedge of running a franchise or any of the candidates.

If people can't get behind the new staff and give them a fair chance, they should take their fake support elsewhere.

ukfalc (1/12/2008)
hawkeyes (1/12/2008)
Its called the 1st amendment, but Im feeling better about after the initial shock of the news.

It's not the 1st amendement, it's a lack of maturity and intelligence from people who have no direct knowedge of running a franchise or any of the candidates.

If people can't get behind the new staff and give them a fair chance, they should take their fake support elsewhere.

Exactly, most of those that rant and complain dont have a clue. They are fair weather fans with no idea of how this team should be run. Reminds me of immature kids.

Go Falcons!

He could be the greatest decision this franchise has ever made. Seeing as how Blank has made one tremendous error after another, and does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when he hires a man he has never met in person, I wouldn't say a **** thing about anyone that wants to express disapproval, either.

ukfalc (1/12/2008)
hawkeyes (1/12/2008)

Tell 'em UK.

ukfalc (1/12/2008)
hawkeyes (1/12/2008)

Very well said and agreed with 100%.

Go Falcons!

Richard Nixon (1/12/2008)
He could be the greatest decision this franchise has ever made. Seeing as how Blank has made one tremendous error after another, and does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when he hires a man he has never met in person, I wouldn't say a **** thing about anyone that wants to express disapproval, either.

i understand, and yes you may feel unsure, and even expressing this is okay, but when you openly criticise and pass negative judgement on no basis... that's kinda sad

tlove32 (1/12/2008)
He's coming from the best team in pro football. End of discussion.

He's accountable for two units and a few other players on that pro team. I'm not saying that I hate him right off the bat, but he's not the reason the Patriots are so good, he continued to work on the offensive and defensive lines and eventually found the right guys for those units, but the Patriots would have lost at least five games without a lot of fantastic free agent decisions, many of which were made because they did not get enough out of guys that were supposed to step up, like at the wide receiver position. He's an unknown right now, not a bad guy that will definitely destroy this team, but we did not take Polian.

Harry Allan (1/12/2008)
Richard Nixon (1/12/2008)

i understand, and yes you may feel unsure, and even expressing this is okay, but when you openly criticise and pass negative judgement on no basis... that's kinda sad

There is no basis to to criticise the Falcons hiring decisions and choices? Are you kidding? Its called expressing an opinion and doing it "openly". based on the past history. What flock of sheep did you stray from?

Harry Allan (1/12/2008)
Ok, not meaning to beat down anyone on purpose,

but the amount of people on here who are having a go at the GM hire and complaining

and whinging about the hire should without a doubt leave right now.

this guy hasn't even started yet, what right do any of you have to be bad mouthing him,

you have no idea how he's going to do, you might have an idea, but in football, anything can happen, thats why we play the game. So please, give this guy at least a chance.

You might think you know all about it. You might THINK you have so many reasons why he will fail, but first give him a chance to succeed. ANyone can critique from an armchair at home, but when it comes to running a franchise, leave it to the pros, if half the people on this board knew as much as they claim then our fan base would comprise over half of the coaching staff in the NFL.

People were asking why atlanta is such a bad job, why we can't get a coach, its coz no coach wants to deal with a fan base that will turn on him so profusely without any reason before he has even started. You should be ashamed to call yourselves fans of this team.

Being a fan means sticking by your team, HAVING FAITH. Something ATL fans need to realise, so try not to crucify this guy until you actually have some reason.

Now I don't know if he'll be successful, i don't know if this will end up a good hire,

but what i do know is no matter what i'll stick by my team and support them through thick and thin, regardless of the GM or anything else.

Just something I noticed,

so GO FALCONS!!!

the so called "fans" in here whine and cry like old women, ya'll make me sick.

STFU and give this guy a chance, no wonder we have trouble getting GOOD people.

ya'll need to FAN UP and act like grown people vs old women.

sheesh, ya'll embarrass me

Coaches don't want to come here because their efforts will likely not keep them in a job three years from now as they try to rebuild and don't win a lot of games in the process. It has nothing to do with the fans for any reason other than fans wanting to win games. Blaming the fanbase for being unreasonable and whiney is an immature knee-jerk reaction from someone that wants to claim they are a "real fan" above everyone else and talk big on the internets. Anyone that wants to take this path can go root for Cleveland and put on dog costumes every Sunday to watch the home team get mauled by another team with higher standards.