Blank has two Mckays:Making 'big' decisions without 'face to face' is recipe for disaster

ATL--75

Dimitroff was interviewed via satellite last weekend, the only candidate not to meet with team owner Arthur Blank and McKay face-to-face.

Dimitroff is 40 and the son of a football coach, never played the game and has benefited as a 'behind the scenes' guy... sound familar.. We have another McKay..

Half of the Patriots' team (at least) was drafted before he came to the Patriots. Some of the Patriots' veterans (Seau, Harrison, Stallworth and Moss) came via free agency or leftovers prior to Belicheck or his early years..

McKenzie from Green Bay was the best choice, but maybe having someone a little bit different making the decisions may not be as appealing to Blank's business 'inner circle'....

More of the same... Same script, different cast...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)
Dimitroff was interviewed via satellite last weekend, the only candidate not to meet with team owner Arthur Blank and McKay face-to-face.

Dimitroff is 40 and the son of a football coach, never played the game and has benefited as a 'behind the scenes' guy... sound familar.. We have another McKay..

Half of the Patriots' team (at least) was drafted before he came to the Patriots. Some of the Patriots' veterans (Seau, Harrison, Stallworth and Moss) came via free agency or leftovers prior to Belicheck or his early years..

McKenzie from Green Bay was the best choice, but maybe having someone a little bit different making the decisions may not be as appealing to Blank's business 'inner circle'....

No offense, but you're full of more crap than a Christmas turkey.

Have you ever posted anything even remotely positive about this team?

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

You may want to research the last SIX drafts conducted by the Patriots. Of which Dimitroff was the right hand man of Scott Pioli, generally considered the best GM in the business. Your argument is way off base.

deester11 (1/12/2008)

You may want to research the last SIX drafts conducted by the Patriots. Of which Dimitroff was the right hand man of Scott Pioli, generally considered the best GM in the business. Your argument is way off base.

He's one of these guys who isn't happy unless he's miserable. I used to have a girlfriend like that. I dumped her real fast.

They met for 3 1/2 hours via video conference. Are you concerned that if he was wearing Ralph Lauren cologne that it would be a proper reason to disqualify him? Or if he didnt have soft skin? What do we care if he wasnt in the same room. He was able to effectively get his point across and must have been impressive.

gritblitzer (1/12/2008)
deester11 (1/12/2008)

He's one of these guys who isn't happy unless he's miserable. I used to have a girlfriend like that. I dumped her real fast.

So I gather. Some people on this board won't be happy with anything this team does. Makes you wonder what kinda "fans" we have.

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

****YAWN********

He isn't Pioli..

New England could care less if Dimitroff leaves..

Dimitroff has been along for the ride, just like McKay was in Tampa when Dungy was the one who was the architect of that team..

Dimitroff, much like Petrino and Jamaal Anderson are way in over their head-- overmatched..

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

He isn't Pioli..

Dimitroff has been along for the ride, just like McKay was in Tampa when Dungy was the one who was the architect of that team..

Dimitroff, much like Petrino and Jamaal Anderson are way in over their head-- overmatched..

Did the guy steal your girlfriend? How do you know that? Additionally, do you think the Patriots just name people to positions because they're so well oiled that any dumbazzz off the street can do the job? What makes you think he was along for the ride? Because he's not Pioli? I've seen some incredibly goofy posts...but that one....WOW!

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

He isn't Pioli..

And you base this on what? Exactly...

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

He isn't Pioli..

So how long have you been working inside the Patriots organization?

Just like always, your posts are based on nothing but your extremely negative slanted opinions of the Falcons and the people who run the organization.

You're pathetic.

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

He isn't Pioli..

Then, since you are so unhappy, we can put you down as not buying season tickets, single game tickets, watching a game on TV, or buying Falcon goods?

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)
hawkeyes (1/12/2008)
This reminds me of the Petrino hire. Ill leave it at that.:crazy:

It is very much like the Petrino hire.. Very disappointing..

It's nothing like the Petrino hire.....and if you can't see that then you're actually more uninformed then your ridiculous posts even indicate.

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)
hawkeyes (1/12/2008)
This reminds me of the Petrino hire. Ill leave it at that.:crazy:

It is very much like the Petrino hire.. Very disappointing..

i thought you were bolting over to be a Detroit Lions fan. What happened there Crump-83..I mean VICK75...I mean...dang i forgot them all.

Its time for you to "restore the roar"!!

:)

ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

i actually agree with you. oh how we forget. two weeks ago, fans here were hoping blank keeps the staff that petrino left behind, all a sudden, those fans got amnesia, again, and letting blank make them drink from the kool aid yet again. cant yall SEE what blank is about? blank KEPT mckay!! he let mckay pick his REPLACEMENT!! blank is obviously learned the nepotism thing over at home depot. blank is about LOOKS, not substance. i dont CARE if atlanta hires a white or black head coach or general manager, but blank has showed his hand 3 TIMES since dan reaves. he is on the rooney committee which mandates interviewing a minority candidate. ok, cool, but why does blank interview a minority real quick, (mckenzie, caldwell this year) gets that out of the way, then moves on to interview people that he will SERIOUSLY consider giving the job to. lol i dont care what color they are, blank is about how he looks. the pete carroll thing, the parcells thing, the PETRINO thing. now, he trying to sap off new england leftovers. lol, atlanta fans WILL NEVER LEARN. lol

i actually agree with you. oh how we forget. two weeks ago, fans here were hoping blank keeps the staff that petrino left behind, all a sudden, those fans got amnesia, again, and letting blank make them drink from the kool aid yet again. cant yall SEE what blank is about? blank KEPT mckay!! he let mckay pick his REPLACEMENT!! blank is obviously learned the nepotism thing over at home depot. blank is about LOOKS, not substance. i dont CARE if atlanta hires a white or black head coach or general manager, but blank has showed his hand 3 TIMES since dan reaves. he is on the rooney committee which mandates interviewing a minority candidate. ok, cool, but why does blank interview a minority real quick, (mckenzie, caldwell this year) gets that out of the way, then moves on to interview people that he will SERIOUSLY consider giving the job to. lol i dont care what color they are, blank is about how he looks. the pete carroll thing, the parcells thing, the PETRINO thing. now, he trying to sap off new england leftovers. lol, atlanta fans WILL NEVER LEARN. lol

LOOK OVIE34-- I mean ATL74-- someone actually agrees with you. isnt that nice!!! you guys will have lots to talk about.

kgod999 (1/12/2008)
ATL--75 (1/12/2008)

Well, since you are obviously not a fan of the Falcons, why should you care?

kgod999 (1/12/2008)

Yeah, you don't care what color the hire is and yet you bring the subject up at least 3 times in your post.

Nice try. You're not telling the truth.