Falcons hire GM without meeting face to face

swiftkick

It truly was a 21st century business meeting. Falcons owner Arthur Blank and his search committee were unable to meet with Dimitroff face-to-face at his home in Colorado last weekend. But after receiving permission to speak with Dimitroff from the Patriots and clearing it with the league, the Falcons quickly and quietly put together a Webcast interview Sunday afternoon with Dimitroff, New England's college director the past four years. The conversation lasted about three-and-a-half hours and included Dimitroff's PowerPoint presentation.

Brutha Mike (1/12/2008)
cstyle4200 (1/12/2008)
I could give an rat a$$ give me an HC

That's right! Dial up some no-name and set up a video conference!

Yet another stupid observation. There are football people who work the inner circles and KNOW all executive people on a football team. That's why they have owner's meetings, GM meetings, etc. Feedback from other GM's, people from the organization, etc all play a part. The Falcons could have hired a lot worse candidates than Dimitroff. Now let's see about that HC.....

deester11 (1/12/2008)
Brutha Mike (1/12/2008)
cstyle4200 (1/12/2008)
I could give an rat a$$ give me an HC

That's right! Dial up some no-name and set up a video conference!

Yet another stupid observation. There are football people who work the inner circles and KNOW all executive people on a football team. That's why they have owner's meetings, GM meetings, etc. Feedback from other GM's, people from the organization, etc all play a part. The Falcons could have hired a lot worse candidates than Dimitroff. Now let's see about that HC.....

I don't remember saying he was the worst possible choice. I simply stated that he is not exactly a household name. I trust that we made the right decision based on the video conference... I mean we have a history of doing the right thing, and this just sounds like a great move all the way around.

I don't remember saying he was the worst possible choice. I simply stated that he is not exactly a household name. I trust that we made the right decision based on the video conference... I mean we have a history of doing the right thing, and this just sounds like a great move all the way around.

That sarcasm was actually well received, but for all the problems that the Falcons have had, I'm not the least bit upset about this hire. I don't care if they IM'd each other on yahoo everyday!

deester11 (1/12/2008)

That sarcasm was actually well received, but for all the problems that the Falcons have had, I'm not the least bit upset about this hire. I don't care if they IM'd each other on yahoo everyday!

With or without exchanging pictures?