What GM have we Interviewed that has a HISTORY with QB Coach CALDWELL??

67camaro

The GM does not have to have worked for the same team as the prospective HC. They could have served on a board together. The GM could be friends with Tony Dungy and, through him, have been introduced to the HC.

I don't think that Belichick and Pioli actually worked together before their days at NE.

McKay will not be involved in football operations. His main, and possibly sole, purpose will be to get Arthur a new stadium. Arthur sees dollars in a new stadium and he feels that McKay is the best man for the job. McKay has gradually networked his way around the league. He was a candidate for the Commish job. I believe that Arthur will try to use McKay to ellicit help from the league and their considerable national connections, to build the Falcons a new stadium.

In many ways, McKay's job will be more important to Arthur than anything else. I am sure that McKay will not have time to meddle with football affairs.

bgarcia28 (1/12/2008)
The GM does not have to have worked for the same team as the prospective HC. They could have served on a board together. The GM could be friends with Tony Dungy and, through him, have been introduced to the HC.

I don't think that Belichick and Pioli actually worked together before their days at NE.

McKay will not be involved in football operations. His main, and possibly sole, purpose will be to get Arthur a new stadium. Arthur sees dollars in a new stadium and he feels that McKay is the best man for the job. McKay has gradually networked his way around the league. He was a candidate for the Commish job. I believe that Arthur will try to use McKay to ellicit help from the league and their considerable national connections, to build the Falcons a new stadium.

In many ways, McKay's job will be more important to Arthur than anything else. I am sure that McKay will not have time to meddle with football affairs.

Yes, keep telling yourself that if it helps.

AGAIN GMs like to work with people they KNOW, and NO GM we have interviewed has a history with Caldwell, BUT McKAY. You can see it any way you want, but I smell a shithouse door of a tuna boat!!

67camaro (1/12/2008)
It seems to me people want to say our GM already knows who he wants as Head Coach, but if they do not have a history together it does not make sense to me.

AGAIN What GM have we Interviewed that has a HISTORY with QB Coach CALDWELL??

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A GM! HOW CAN YOU GUESS THAT HE KNOWS WHO OUR COACH IS?

67camaro (1/12/2008)
It seems to me people want to say our GM already knows who he wants as Head Coach, but if they do not have a history together it does not make sense to me.

AGAIN What GM have we Interviewed that has a HISTORY with QB Coach CALDWELL??

Was Caldwell hired??? Did I miss that?