League wide 2 round mock

1 Miami Dolphins Chris Long DE Virginia 6-4 285 A slight shock yes, but with no one wanting to trade up, Long fits the Dolphins D better than Dorsey.

2 St. Louis Rams Jake Long T Michigan 6-7 305 The Rams seem happy with Carricker inside at DT, so shockingly Dorsey continues to drop. The Rams struggled with injuries, so they look to set their o-line right

3 Oakland Raiders Glenn Dorsey DT LSU 6-2 300

best D player in the draft? Possibly

Raiders lost Sapp they need a big guy in the middle.

4 Atlanta Falcons Darren McFadden RB Arkansas 6-1 217

Probably the best player in the draft, but 3 of the 4 teams ahead have franchise RB's,

New face of the franchise for the falcons

5 Kansas City Chiefs Sedric Ellis DT Southern California 6-1 295

No Comments Made

6 New York Jets Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State 6-4 260

perfect 3-4 OLB

7 New England Patriots James Laurinaitis MLB Ohio State 6-2 245

Pats never take a LB blah blah blah, who have they passed over close to Laurinatitis' skill level?

8 Baltimore Ravens Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 6-1 205

the D is getting old, and with injuries to Rolle and McCalister it showed.

9 Cincinnati Bengals Dan Connor OLB Penn State 6-1 232

Injuries tore them apart, they have no depth at LB

10 New Orleans Saints Kenny Phillips FS Miami 6-1 202

who didn t pass over the saints this year?

11 Denver Broncos Derrick Harvey DE Florida 6-4 252

12 Buffalo Bills Ryan Clady T Boise State 6-5 320

no WR has any value here.

13 Carolina Panthers Matt Ryan QB Boston College 6-5 225

They like Matt Moore but what some would consider a steal is too good to pass up (not a fan personnally)

14 Chicago Bears Keith Rivers OLB Southern California 6-3 230

Don t bite on Woodson or Brohm, choosing instead to take a lower round QB. They will lose Briggs, need to replace their chief lose.

15 Detroit Lions Sam Baker T Southern California 6-5 308

Baker is the top T on the board. imo

16 Arizona Cardinals Mike Jenkins CB South Florida 5-11 200

17 Minnesota Vikings DeSean Jackson WR California 5-11 165

Vikings seem set on Tavaris Jackson, they still don t have that #1 guy.

Will also help out on KR/PR

18 Houston Texans Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois 5-11 225

a pure need, Green is old and injured last year, i think we can say that that project failed.

19 Philadelphia Eagles Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma 6-4 220

McNabb is calling for more playmakers..here is one now put up or shut up.

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State 6-4 220

Again Galloway is carrying the passing attack, Clayton hasn't got out of his Sophomore slump and doesn t seem like he will.

21 Washington Redskins Calais Campbell DE Miami 6-7 282

they went with Landry last year when many thought they would pick up d-line help...this changes this time.

22 Seattle Seahawks Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon 5-10 235

SA has had 2 years with injuries and has lost a step.

23 Dallas Cowboys DeJuan Tribble CB Boston College 5-9 190

2 needs for the cowgirls..a CB and a WR.

24 Pittsburgh Steelers Jeff Otah T Pittsburgh 6-6 340

25 Tennessee Titans James Hardy WR Indiana 6-6 220

26 New York Giants Aqib Talib CB Kansas 6-1 180

stock has risen and risen and risen, and his pick for a TD against VT only helps him

27 San Diego Chargers Frank Okam DT Texas 6-5 320

28 Jacksonville Jaguars Antoine Cason CB Arizona 6-0 182

29 Green Bay Packers Reggie Smith FS Oklahoma 6-0 200

30 Dallas Cowboys Mario Manningham WR Michigan 5-11 180

As I said before they need a WR, toughie between Sweed, Manningham and Doucet. But because of injuries Manningham win

31 San Francisco 49ers Brian Brohm QB Louisville 6-3 232

Mike Martz is coming to town. In my opinion Brohm is the best in the draft, but everyone seemingly loves Ryan. Steal of the draft.

33 (1) Miami Dolphins Alex Boone T Ohio State 6-7 315

Dolphins lines are horrible, they continue to build from the trenches.

34 (2) St. Louis Rams Lawrence Jackson DE Southern California 6-5 260

35 (3) Atlanta Falcons Andre Woodson QB Kentucky 6-5 220

Will sit for a year, good but has the potential to be great with the proper training.

36 (4) Kansas City Chiefs Gosder Cherilus T Boston College 6-6 320

Chiefs line has been shot through by retirements as of late, they try to rebuild.

37 (5) Oakland Raiders Quentin Groves DE Auburn 6-4 255

38 (6) New York Jets Ray Rice RB Rutgers 5-9 200

TJ was a disappointment to say the least!

39 (7) San Francisco 49ers Limas Sweed WR Texas 6-4 220

Would of been a 1st rounder if not for injury

40 (8) Baltimore Ravens Ali Highsmith OLB LSU 6-0 225

Word has it they are losing Suggs to Arizona.

41 (9) Cincinnati Bengals Fred Davis TE Southern California 6-4 250

a TE is the missing piece in the offense.

42 (10) New Orleans Saints Phillip Wheeler MLB Georgia Tech 6-1 230

continue to rebuild the defense.

43 (11) Buffalo Bills Early Doucet WR LSU 6-0 205

44 (12) Denver Broncos Shawn Crable OLB Michigan 6-4 245

45 (13) Carolina Panthers Tyson Jackson DE LSU 6-5 292

46 (14) Chicago Bears Duke Robinson G Oklahoma 6-4 330

no QB is worth this pick imo, a RB is an option.

47 (15) Detroit Lions Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech 6-1 225

48 (16) Arizona Cardinals Tavares Gooden OLB Miami 6-1 235

49 (17) Minnesota Vikings Kentwan Bulmer DT North Carolina 6-5 300

50 (18) Atlanta Falcons Phil Loadholt T Oklahoma 6-7 350

Admittedly he struggled against WVU but apart from that has been a very good OT

51 (19) Philadelphia Eagles Jonathan Hefney FS Tennessee 5-9 185

52 (20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Red Bryant DT Texas A&M 6-4 325

53 (21) Washington Redskins Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt 6-1 202

Was i the only one not overly impressed by S.Moss this year? behind him I don t see anyone about to break out either.

54 (22) Cleveland Browns Kevin Smith RB Central Florida 6-0 210

Jamaal Lewis was a 1 yr deal, no guarantee they get him back after his impressive season.

55 (23) Seattle Seahawks John Carlson TE Notre Dame 6-5 255

two words. Marcus Pollard

56 (24) Pittsburgh Steelers Eric Young G Tennessee 6-4 305

Will alan Faneca come back? your guess is as good as mine.

57 (25) Tennessee Titans Leodis McKelvin CB Troy 5-11 190

58 (26) New York Giants Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas 6-3 315

59 (27) Miami Dolphins Adrian Arrington WR Michigan 6-2 190

Trading Chris chambers makes a slim core slimmer!

60 (28) Jacksonville Jaguars Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech 6-5 260

61 (29) Green Bay Packers Tony Hills T Texas 6-6 305

62 (30) Dallas Cowboys Jamie Siva FS Boston College 5-11 205

Roy Williams needs to get out of the NFL (jokes..but seriously)

63 (31) Indianapolis Colts DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina State 6-2 295

64 (32) New England Patriots Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech 5-10 200

CB will probably be a weakness with Samuel likely leaving.

I could just be missing something here, but how does SanFran have the 31 pick? I am assuming you numbered the way you did because NE loses their pick, presumably the number 32 pick, but I am lost where SanFran comes in.

Otherwise, decent mock. I could see the QBs falling that way, and it would be wise for us to wait until the 2nd round anyway.

In addition, I noticed Brandon Flowers at the end of the 2nd round. Frank Beamer called Flowers the best DB he has ever coached..... which is incredible praise. Incredible. I would love to grab him in the 2nd, if possible, but I believe both selections made in this mock are more important than a CB.

L.Rover (1/11/2008)
I could just be missing something here, but how does SanFran have the 31 pick? I am assuming you numbered the way you did because NE loses their pick, presumably the number 32 pick, but I am lost where SanFran comes in.

Indy traded this years 1st for san Frans 2nd rounder last year, when they picked up Tony Ugoh

Culain (1/11/2008)
I would be very unhappy with those 3 picks
Gotta say I'd probably puke if the draft fell like that.

Absolutely no OL or DL help. Another RB & QB who won't be able to do a thing because there is no blocking.

McFadden will be good at the right place, that place isn't here right now. Woodson isn't the answer at QB, at all. And Loadholt is going to need at least a year before he's ready to sniff a field.

Robb4242 (1/11/2008)
Culain (1/11/2008)

Absolutely no OL or DL help. Another RB & QB who won't be able to do a thing because there is no blocking.

McFadden will be good at the right place, that place isn't here right now. Woodson isn't the answer at QB, at all. And Loadholt is going to need at least a year before he's ready to sniff a field.

So your saying if McFadden is there you reject him for Ellis or Clady? please it would BPA and McFadden is that.

On Woodson, yes we do need OL help, but we also need a QB for the future(Redman's done well but i don't see him as the franchise QB we could be getting) normally i would pick OL for our 2nd pick, but i dont think we wold pass up Woodson as we would be getting great value at a position of need.

And on Loadholt i was torn between him and a DT, but I'm not a fan of cutting Coleman to save a couple of $$ but with no real replacement I'd see him as more valuebale with us. So i made it a rebuilding of the offense draft. Woodson would also sit for the season i would think. Making the falcons a playoff team will be a long haul and if it means picking a couple of players who have to sit a year then im fine with it.

We should not take our RB in the first round...even if McF is available. Serick Ellis is the pick. This is especially true if we here Spags as our HC.

Woodson does not fall into the second round.

Loadholdt is not ready and may never be ready to play OT in the NFL. He simply has to lose weight, get quicker, improve his technique and still not lose his strenght.

Apart from that, nice draft.

falcon_91 (1/12/2008)
Robb4242 (1/11/2008)
Culain (1/11/2008)

So your saying if McFadden is there you reject him for Ellis or Clady? please it would BPA and McFadden is that.

On Woodson, yes we do need OL help, but we also need a QB for the future(Redman's done well but i don't see him as the franchise QB we could be getting) normally i would pick OL for our 2nd pick, but i dont think we wold pass up Woodson as we would be getting great value at a position of need.

And on Loadholt i was torn between him and a DT, but I'm not a fan of cutting Coleman to save a couple of $$ but with no real replacement I'd see him as more valuebale with us. So i made it a rebuilding of the offense draft. Woodson would also sit for the season i would think. Making the falcons a playoff team will be a long haul and if it means picking a couple of players who have to sit a year then im fine with it.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying on McFadden. He's not so head & shoulders above everyone else that you ignore needs just to take him. In fact, you can get almost as good a RB at the top of the 2nd round. Bottom line is, no RB is going to make a difference on this team until there is some blocking up front. When your RB is hit twice behind the LoS on 3 out of every 4 running plays, it's not going to matter who that RB is, they are not going to be able to establish a decent run game.

Woodson, this is getting close to the area where I see him going, I also think he's going to have to sit a year & work out some kinks in his delivery and to learn how to read a defense & make his own adjustment at the line instead of relying on the sideline to signal him on the adjustments that need to be made so he can call them out. He's been super-hyped, though & I don't think he's going to make that great of a pro QB.

JMO on Loadholt, but he should stay in school another year. I don't think that he has declared yet.