We may not be in the playoffs, but we are certainly interested

etherdome

Jax v. NE: We have interviewed the Jax Smiths. There is no denying that Jax has built a very solid team. Del Rio is a tough guy that keeps things simple. Their personnel guy has done a very good job of finding the right players for Jack. Their DC has also built a very tough D that should be feared by the rest of the league. We could do worse than this pair of Smiths.

NYG v. Dallas: Spags is the hot commodity. If the Giants fall to Dallas, expect Arthur to call Spags to ATl and finalize the deal. Heckert may not have the best draft record, but he works well with Spags and can build a team.

GB v. Seattle: Hey, don't forget about McKenzie and Schneider. They have done a very good job of rebuilding the Packers. Either one would be a good addition but it is unclear who they would bring in as HC.

Indy v. SD: Caldwell is a very stabilizing HC. Chris Polian is out of the question. I don't see a lot of steam behind this game for us, but I am still pulling for Dungy.

Good point bgarcia. These games do have implications in our search. Do you think AB will go ahead and make his move based on who becomes available after this weekend? Also, surely the Carroll thing will have played out one way or the other by then.

I know there are some credibility issues with Mort, but he seemed to indicate today on 680 that the Smith combo would be a better fit for the Falcons than Heckert/Spags.

woodstockfan (1/11/2008)
Good point bgarcia. These games do have implications in our search. Do you think AB will go ahead and make his move based on who becomes available after this weekend? Also, surely the Carroll thing will have played out one way or the other by then.

I know there are some credibility issues with Mort, but he seemed to indicate today on 680 that the Smith combo would be a better fit for the Falcons than Heckert/Spags.

I'd rather have Dimitroff/Garrett

woodstockfan (1/11/2008)

That is the question. We all hope that the best combo would be available by this weekend. However, Arthur may have to settle for his second choice. Time is closing in. The Senior Bowl is in two weeks. That seems like an arbitrary dead line, but it would be good to have the personnel staff organized and focussed in on our future.