Well, something IS going on

michaelgee

In this ESPN article dated :Updated: January 11, 2008, 12:49 PM ET

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3191294

This much is CLEARLY stated:

Updated: January 11, 2008, 12:49 PM ET

ATLANTA -- While the chances of Pete Carroll even agreeing to meet with the Atlanta Falcons about their head coach vacancy remain a long shot at best, dialogue between the Southern California coach and team officials still was ongoing Thursday, league sources told ESPN.com.

In fact, on Thursday, Carroll was still in contact with coaches who likely would be assistants on his staff if he was offered and accepted the job here.

This came just before 1pm Friday!

If Pete is contacting coaches about who will come here,

THEN something is IN THE WORKS!

Last night's comment about NO OFFER was made means that MONEY HASN'T BEEN DECIDED.

Go Arthur! You are a bad momma jomma with your RADIO SILENCE thing!

Falcon Fans, as of 1pm today, a deal is being setup.

Coaches in Pete's circle are being contacted about who would come here.

This appears that Pete is going to be the MAN who builds his NFL Team in the ATL!

And further, Pete has NOT SAID NO and the Reggie Bush Pickle is developing fast.

Pete will leave USC with his 800.+ winning % in tact, return to the NFL and get FULL support and control from AB.

We could become an elite NFL Team....developing still as of 1pm Friday

michaelgee (1/11/2008)
grendel (1/11/2008)
Cocaine's a helluva drug

it must be one of a few things:

Either

a. you didn't read the Friday 1pm ESPN article

b. you read it but comprehended nothing

c. you are partying and it just don't matter

d. you just might be a Bucs fan

e. none of the above

No i think everyone is just being realistic... we have no idea whats going on.. there are TONS of different scenarios being speculated... including the Heckert/Spags combo... its is a little absurd to take from that article that it is almost a done deal... first off... its ESPN... second off... thats a article riddled with SPECULATION... why can't people just take the wait and see approach.. all though all the people speculating like they know what is going to happen are pretty funny

Petrino is NOT my hero (1/11/2008)
michaelgee (1/11/2008)
grendel (1/11/2008)
Cocaine's a helluva drug

Either

e. none of the above

No i think everyone is just being realistic... we have no idea whats going on.. there are TONS of different scenarios being speculated... including the Heckert/Spags combo... its is a little absurd to take from that article that it is almost a done deal... first off... its ESPN... second off... thats a article riddled with SPECULATION... why can't people just take the wait and see approach.. all though all the people speculating like they know what is going to happen are pretty funny

i agree because i have been hearing two totally different things from espn. on the computer they make it seem like he is leaving sc asap for atl but on tv they say the opposite. on the nfl network they said he is just flat out not coming 2 days in a row and will probably say the same today. i am just assuming he isnt coming and if he does it will suprise me.

bozoatl (1/11/2008)
OK - pretend you're Pete Carroll:

ATLANTA ?

BALTIMORE ?

WASINGTON ?

MIAMI ?

Maybe:

SEATTLE ?

INDIANAPOLIS ?

Seriously. If these other jobs are open, where would YOU go?

Because ONLY in Atlanta will he have the power over Personnel decisions.

He has already been offered many HC jobs in the NFL. He was offered the chargers job but turned it down, it wasn't because of the team, it wasn't because of the city, it was because he wouldn't have the control he wants. We have as good a chance to land him as anyone probably more.

ESPN 4pm FRIDAY, they just said that Pete Carroll and the Falcons ARE STILL IN TALKS

something IS going on.

I was commenting on the fact that you were drooling and frothing at the mouth... Maybe you have rabies?

oh, your perception is wrong. I have NEVER endorsed Pete Carroll, I would like for us to get a Coach who will stick with the team. Actually, Pete is way down my list of coaches.

dude, I'm just saying that the Pete Carroll thing AIN'T OVER...

michaelgee (1/11/2008)

ESPN 4pm FRIDAY, they just said that Pete Carroll and the Falcons ARE STILL IN TALKS

something IS going on.

heh.. you completely missed my point.. i will spell it out for you.. ESPN has NO idea what is really going on... nobody exccept blank and his panel do... ESPN is just a sports tabloid .. not the bible.. i would take anything they say with a grain of salt.. and just take the wait and see approach

michaelgee (1/11/2008)
grendel (1/11/2008)
Cocaine's a helluva drug

Either

e. none of the above

I heard on 790 this morning that Carroll denied ever being interested in the Falcons job.

Not only that, it was reported that the Falcons are moving forward with hiring Heckert. Once Heckert is hired, he will hire the coach, not Art or McKay.

I think you can definatly say that something is going on, but its hard to get a good impression. First of all, we wont know how interested Carroll is until he signs up (literally, and not just a verbal agreement). Secondly, we wont know Pete is NOT coming here until we hire Heckert. So you can take it to the bank, that no one media/bloggers included, knows what will go down until that happens.

I find it HALARIOUS, when people say Carroll is expected to turn the job down. Thats a pretty logical conclusion that a 10 year old could make up. You just look at our situation, and then look at Pete's at USC, and you think dang, theres no chance. That being said, Carroll cares not what anyhone in the world thinks. If he decides that personnel power + HC = a good situation, then he will come. Adam Schefter will then go eat crow. I just think its funny when people predict this kind of stuff. Sorry every writer in the world, Mr. Carroll dont give a **** what you think about USC and Atlanta. I am not Carroll, so I do not know what he will do.