WHY DOES THE AJC WRITE SUCH GARBAGE

chazh

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...ns_seem_cl.html

This is such rubbish, the AJC is filled with journalists who cant write anything productive about the Atlanta Falcons. I think its a pile of s#~*, if you want to read articles constantly slamming the Falcons read the AJC.

If you want to read something relevant and unbiased dont read the AJC, look elsewhere, there are plenty of other decent newspapers.

You are 100% correct. I've never seen so many hometown journalists who delight in ripping their own teams. You hardly ever (Braves WS win being the exception) read anything positive out of them. The AJC as a whole is losing money hand over fist. That's why you can't get it south of Macon anymore unless you subscribe by mail.

octoslash (1/11/2008)

WHY DOES THE AJC WRITE SUCH GARBAGE?

well...

BECAUSE PEOPLE READ SUCH GARBAGE

I thought the point of a newspaper was to be unbiased and inform people, not be completely biased and slam teams without making valid points.

What really annoys me about this article is the fact that it is criticising Blank for trying to improve this franchise, which is what the fans want. Obviously that would be bad for the AJC beacause then they couldnt slam the team so much.

chazh (1/11/2008)

This is such rubbish, the AJC is filled with journalists who cant write anything productive about the Atlanta Falcons. I think its a pile of s#~*, if you want to read articles constantly slamming the Falcons read the AJC.

If you want to read something relevant and unbiased dont read the AJC, look elsewhere, there are plenty of other decent newspapers.

Why is easy? There is NO competition, if there was another newspaper in town and they had to compete against each other they would be better, but since the AJC has a monopoly they can do with the paper any way they want. Unforunatly for us. Just like the rock stations in Atlanta, when you have a few and no compettion they can play whatever they want even if it sux half the time. ;)

sogafan (1/11/2008) The AJC as a whole is losing money hand over fist. That's why you can't get it south of Macon anymore unless you subscribe by mail.
So that's what happened!I live in Savannah and bought the ajc regularly so I could get more coverage of the falcons during the season,free agent period and drafts,then all of a sudden all the ajc boxes and displays were gone!

chazh (1/11/2008)

Funny. I agree with the article. There are goo questions in it...

Why are we searching for a HC before the GM?

Why is McKay choosing both of them?

Why are we searching for another coach from the college when we have seen our players need someone trained to talk to men?

The Mora NFL record is a lot better than Carroll one. What's special about a 33-31 record?

chazh (1/12/2008)
octoslash (1/11/2008)

well...

I thought the point of a newspaper was to be unbiased and inform people, not be completely biased and slam teams without making valid points.

What really annoys me about this article is the fact that it is criticising Blank for trying to improve this franchise, which is what the fans want. Obviously that would be bad for the AJC beacause then they couldnt slam the team so much.

That has NEVER been the point of any newspaper or media outlet. Their primary purpose is to present information in their viewpoint to try and sway the reader away from mainstream America. All news outlets are just opinionated views on real events. Very rarely do you get non-biased news (unless you're watching fox news of course) :P

Robb4242 (1/12/2008)
chazh (1/12/2008)
octoslash (1/11/2008)

well...

That has NEVER been the point of any newspaper or media outlet. Their primary purpose is to present information in their viewpoint to try and sway the reader away from mainstream America. All news outlets are just opinionated views on real events. Very rarely do you get non-biased news (unless you're watching fox news of course) :P

I live in England where local newspapers dont CONSTANTLY criticise their local team, sure the AJC makes some valid points OCCASIONALLY but every time I look at their website there is ALWAYS an article slamming a team from Atlanta, be it the Hawks,Thrashers, Braves or Falcons, its a rubbish newspaper beacause of that.

chazh (1/12/2008)

I live in England where local newspapers dont CONSTANTLY criticise their local team, sure the AJC makes some valid points OCCASIONALLY but every time I look at their website there is ALWAYS an article slamming a team from Atlanta, be it the Hawks,Thrashers, Braves or Falcons, its a rubbish newspaper beacause of that.

You'd be surprised how many people enjoy reading rubbish. It seems, the positive is out. And the negative is in. Why? I don't know, but I don't like it either.;)