I really wish Blank would stop....

DBFever

For real this is getting embarrassing. If Pete Carroll turns down this job, everyone will relate it to the Spoiled Tuna jilting us and start ripping the Falcons even more. Why make public who you're going after anyway? Is that condusive to other canidates and there mode of thinking about trying to get this job? "Well if they're going after Pete, I might as well go elsewhere..." And if we keep getting rejected, other potentially good canidates IMO will start to think there must be a reason why. I just don't understand making all this public, just keep quiet until the job's done. :crazy:

DBFever (1/11/2008)
For real this is getting embarrassing. If Pete Carroll turns down this job, everyone will relate it to the Spoiled Tuna jilting us and start ripping the Falcons even more. Why make public who you're going after anyway? Is that condusive to other canidates and there mode of thinking about trying to get this job? "Well if they're going after Pete, I might as well go elsewhere..." And if we keep getting rejected, other potentially good canidates IMO will start to think there must be a reason why. I just don't understand making all this public, just keep quiet until the job's done. :crazy:

dude, AB did just that this week with his "radio silent" comment.

ESPN and Mort put the word out to help Parcells, they knew exactly what they were doing and so did Parcells.

ESPN's Len Pastabelly put the Carrolll story out, somebody somewhere told Len but I'll bet it wasn't Blank.

The Carroll thing is still not DEAD, it is continuing but now under the "radio silent" mode.

DBFever (1/11/2008)

I am not an expert or anything, BUT I would think it is very difficult to keep things away from the media, especially when it comes to things involving the NFL and coaches - no matter how hard one tries to keep it quiet.

michaelgee (1/11/2008)
DBFever (1/11/2008)

dude, AB did just that this week with his "radio silent" comment.

ESPN and Mort put the word out to help Parcells, they knew exactly what they were doing and so did Parcells.

ESPN's Len Pastabelly put the Carrolll story out, somebody somewhere told Len but I'll bet it wasn't Blank.

The Carroll thing is still not DEAD, it is continuing but now under the "radio silent" mode.

Perhaps you're right, i didn't think about that. I guess I'm just tired of us coming off looking bad and thought Blank was the one parading around telling everyone his biz. I didn't even know about the "radio silent" thing, been a little behind lately. Thanks for straighten me out on that dude :).

falcon_freddie (1/11/2008)
Blank and the Falcons organization really isn't putting everything in the news. It's just that we get super-concentrated dose of the coach/GM search because of our interest and we - for whatever reasons - hang on every word. Believe me, for those sports fans not Falcons devotees this is all fairly much a nonevent.

True. So much of what you have seen or read is pure speculation generated by the media who have to keep junk going so they can generate enough interest to attract advertising dollars.