Dimitroff Nugget

fsu_steve

"Nice to see you -- sort of: Speaking of Foxborough, as I mentioned on the network the other day, include Patriots director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff in the group of candidates having interviewed for the Atlanta Falcons' general manager opening.

It truly was a 21st century business meeting. Falcons owner Arthur Blank and his search committee were unable to meet with Dimitroff face-to-face at his home in Colorado last weekend. But after receiving permission to speak with Dimitroff from the Patriots and clearing it with the league, the Falcons quickly and quietly put together a Webcast interview Sunday afternoon with Dimitroff, New England's college director the past four years. The conversation lasted about three-and-a-half hours and included Dimitroff's PowerPoint presentation.

Gotta love modern technology. A lot of people seem to believe the gig will go to Eagles GM Tom Heckert. Dimitroff could emerge as a dark horse in what seems to be a more open race than people on the outside think."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/c...hael&id=3187883

Interesting to note that Dimitroff lives in Colorado and not the Boston area. If he was willing to sit through a 3.5 hour interview it sounds like he probably has genuine interest in the job. Perhaps it does not suck as much as the media would lead us to believe.

For anyone who wants to get their feet wet, its a great job. It's more money, and a chance to prove yourself as a GM. Could be a stepping stone to a GM dream job for them, or at least more experience on their way to whatever else they want to do.

Also could be just the challenge a person driven to succeed might be looking for.

And despite some of the ******* around here, we do have good fans. Give us a winner and the stadium will fill up.

David Ethan (1/11/2008)
Joshua Affonso (1/11/2008)
At this point, anyone would be an exciting hire for me. But, this guys intrigues me more than Heckert.

ditto

Heckert doesn't impress me. The fact that Dimitroff had a Power Point presentation ready does.

ahaha amen to that!

mppc-0700-1.jpg

"and figure "A" here is why I would kick serious ##### as the GM of the Atlanta Falcons. Figure B is a live feed of Richard McKay shitting his pants..."

David Ethan (1/11/2008)
Joshua Affonso (1/11/2008)
At this point, anyone would be an exciting hire for me. But, this guys intrigues me more than Heckert.

ditto

Heckert doesn't impress me. The fact that Dimitroff had a Power Point presentation ready does.

I agree about the Power Point. I like the idea of having an organized and prepared guy as our GM. Seems to make sense somehow.

Direwolf