Should Shockley start in 08, if only to fill the Dome up again?

hawkeyes

Shockley was struggling to make the team last season. He stunk it up in one preseason game and was playing good in the other preseason game in which he was hurt. Redman should be starter. Shockley, Harrington, and possibly a free agent or draft pick should compete for 2nd and 3rd QB. Leftwich should be sent packing.

Bottomline, Shockley has done nothing to even be considered starting. Let's see if he even makes the team next season....and let him earn his way up, the same way as anyone else.

upandcumingband (1/10/2008)
i think we should jus to see what he can do in da regular season

So if a player stinks it up in preseason....a player that has never been above the number 3 quarterback position....a player that is struggling to stay on the team....you say put him as your starter? Hmmmmm......I have no further comment.

josiah (1/10/2008)
What's sad is that there is truth to the notion that a black QB would help sell more tickets, while the fans of said QB ironically wonder why racism still exists.

Well for what its worth im white and yes a black QB would probably get the black ppl in the seats, the way I see it is Shockley would be the first QB to start for the Falcons that played at UGA or high school ball in Georgia. That would get ppl like me and white Georgians in the stands. Winning would do alot to but we got to take baby steps before we can walk.

Well for what its worth im white and yes a black QB would probably get the black ppl in the seats, the way I see it is Shockley would be the first QB to start for the Falcons that played at UGA or high school ball in Georgia. That would get ppl like me and white Georgians in the stands. Winning would do alot to but we got to take baby steps before we can walk.

This type of thinking is ridiculous. Who cares what color or what school the QB is....the important thing is winning. From what you are saying....Why not cut everyone on the Falcons and sign whoever is available that ever played for the bulldogs. Who cares if we only win 1 game....we have Georgia fans in the stands!!!

rodney51 (1/10/2008)

This type of thinking is ridiculous. Who cares what color or what school the QB is....the important thing is winning. From what you are saying....Why not cut everyone on the Falcons and sign whoever is available that ever played for the bulldogs. Who cares if we only win 1 game....we have Georgia fans in the stands!!!

If UGA and Falcons would play this weekend UGA would be favored by 7. Its ridiculous to have a dome half empty.

i'm black and to me race doesn't have anything to do with it.i think shockley has all the tools to be as good as any q.b. in the league, without a chance he cant grow into that athlete.i liked redman more than harrington before the start of the season.sometimes(i know beening a music producer)a break can give a better insight of what your doing.maybe the case with d.j.also,we just have to wait and see.......

the kid has played to preseason games and everything thinks he is a bust and shouldnt ever get a chance lol what if redman started that tampa game and played like he did would all u want him gone for ever and not let him do what he did against Seattle?

the kid has played to preseason games and everything thinks he is a bust and shouldnt ever get a chance lol what if redman started that tampa game and played like he did would all u want him gone for ever and not let him do what he did against Seattle?

monoxide (1/10/2008)
noel47 (1/10/2008)

dude, you can't call a 7th round pick a bust, the 7th round is the waterboy and custodian pick ups. Redman has proven that he is a starting quarterback, Shockley has proved nothing. I'm all for giving Shock a chance in the preseason, but that will just prove the fact that Chris Redman is our man.

Your wrong man, DJ is the future, Redmen is the past. Redman had his flash in the pan when seattle was playing with 1% effort against him. But we still need Redman to backup DJ.

rodney51 (1/10/2008)
Shockley will be lucky to even be on an NFL roster in 2 years. He has done nothing. He was on the verge of being cut last season. My gosh...wake up people. Get a clue.

Shockley will be a starter sooner than you think. They will draft a QB in the 4th or 5th round.

rodney51 (1/10/2008)
Shockley was struggling to make the team last season. He stunk it up in one preseason game and was playing good in the other preseason game in which he was hurt. Redman should be starter. Shockley, Harrington, and possibly a free agent or draft pick should compete for 2nd and 3rd QB. Leftwich should be sent packing.

Bottomline, Shockley has done nothing to even be considered starting. Let's see if he even makes the team next season....and let him earn his way up, the same way as anyone else.

THANK YOU!!!!! Please get off the Shockley wagon. HE may have a future in the Arena league. But he is not going to get a shot in the ATL. He was Mora's boy. Mora is gone. ENd of story.

Urgh...the way fans talk about Shockley remind me more and more about Duckett, a backup who hasn't outplayed the starter and yet there are people who thinks he's all world. Well in Duckett case he at least did something in regular season and playoff games. You guys are not doing Shockley any service by pumping imaginary hype. It will only backfire and people will start to dislike him because of you guys.