Blank should sell the team

thenfl

A move would be best as well. The Falcons are an embarrassment to the NFL nobody even wants to coach the team. Not a big deal anyway the team has fans (most) that wont stick with the team through tough times like last year so why bother.

The team could be moved to a better location have better fans and it will be expected that the team will struggle by everyone so it wont be a problem for a few years.

thenfl (1/10/2008)
A move would be best as well. The Falcons are an embarrassment to the NFL nobody even wants to coach the team. Not a big deal anyway the team has fans (most) that wont stick with the team through tough times like last year so why bother.

The team could be moved to a better location have better fans and it will be expected that the team will struggle by everyone so it wont be a problem for a few years.

every team has a dark spot in their history. some teams history is a dark spot. the falcons will be okay.

bossFALCON (1/10/2008)
thenfl (1/10/2008)

every team has a dark spot in their history. some teams history is a dark spot. the falcons will be okay.

not many with a completely dark history.

thenfl (1/10/2008)

Los Angeles here we come

bring em home ......... uhhh who ever blank chooses

thenfl (1/10/2008)
bossFALCON (1/10/2008)
thenfl (1/10/2008)

not many with a completely dark history.

yea not many with a completely dark but every team has had hard times.

I never thought I'd come to the defense of an owner who can't seem to stay out of day-to-day football operations that should be left to NFL experienced leaders, but here I go...

Selling the team would be the ultimate act of cowardice and surrender. I think that Arthur Blank genuinely wants to build a winning team here and has taken steps that he believed would get him championships. Could anyone have predicted the Vick lies, indictment, and prison sentence? Did anyone realize how pathetic our OL was? Could anyone have foreseen the massive number of season-ending injuries sustained by our players? Did anyone think Petrino was going to sneak off to the Pig-Pen, like a coward?

We did have the "mother of all disasters" during the 2007 season and now it's over. We have a clean slate: a 0-0 record and a chance to build something exciting and competitive, leading to something to be proud of and perhaps...championships.

Arthur Blank is an honest, sincere man with the means to backup his pledge of bringing a quality football team to Atlanta. He has been guilty of being perhaps too trusting in others and at times seemingly too involved in day-to-day operations. Now is his chance to correct these errors and I believe he wants to and will do so.

thenfl (1/10/2008)
8-ball (1/10/2008)
Selling the team or moving it would be the cowards way out

I dont believe so Blank should just realize he is a failure as an NFL owner. The likelihood of him turning it around is very slim.

Try not to be so optimistic I don't think as an owner of a franchise, whether it's in the NFL or the hamburger industry you can just give up and say oh well it's year 8 we aren't doing as well as we thought we would be by now, screw it I'm selling out and moving out of town, what an unrealistic approach to the situation. You can't just move or sell out after you hit the first bump in the road. Look at the Patriots, they used to be one of the worst franchises in the NFL and now they are respected world wide. The third time is a charm and that's why I am glad Mr. Blank is taking his sweet time with this hiring process, we've got until February to hire a coach, the last 2 times they hired a guy really fast and neither worked out.

thenfl (1/10/2008)
8-ball (1/10/2008)

I dont believe so Blank should just realize he is a failure as an NFL owner. The likelihood of him turning it around is very slim.

WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU NOW IS CALLED "PANICK." BE KOOL. EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT. REMEMBER I TOLD YOU:)

thenfl (1/10/2008)

AB paid HIS millions for this team, where were you when we were winning games.

Non-Fans come out and say "sell the team" when the teams his bad times, well Mr Non-Fan, Blank ain't selling the team and FWIW, after this gets worked out, please spare us the grief of seeing your sorry self at the game cheering wildly.

go back to Tampa Bucs fan...

thenfl (1/10/2008)
8-ball (1/10/2008)

there sure are a lot of NO FAITH fans in here, go back to Tampa, please

when we get back to winning, please stay away.

michaelgee (1/10/2008)
thenfl (1/10/2008)

AB paid HIS millions for this team, where were you when we were winning games.

Non-Fans come out and say "sell the team" when the teams his bad times, well Mr Non-Fan, Blank ain't selling the team and FWIW, after this gets worked out, please spare us the grief of seeing your sorry self at the game cheering wildly.

go back to Tampa Bucs fan...

blank owns the ga force and the falcons. he was close to buying the braves and he wants to own every sports franchise in atlanta. and no im not trying to be sarcastic or funny. thats what he really said.

thenfl (1/10/2008)
8-ball (1/10/2008)

A failure? In his short time as owner we have been to an NFC Championship game, I have been to more exciting games in his tenure than games I witnessed under the Smiths. and we had a long string of sal outs. I been in the dome where you would not believe the noise, and it was even more exciting than 98. Things may not be going so well right noe, but to call him a failure is just ignorance to the facts.

NewFalcon (1/10/2008)
I never thought I'd come to the defense of an owner who can't seem to stay out of day-to-day football operations that should be left to NFL experienced leaders, but here I go...

Selling the team would be the ultimate act of cowardice and surrender. I think that Arthur Blank genuinely wants to build a winning team here and has taken steps that he believed would get him championships. Could anyone have predicted the Vick lies, indictment, and prison sentence? Did anyone realize how pathetic our OL was? Could anyone have foreseen the massive number of season-ending injuries sustained by our players? Did anyone think Petrino was going to sneak off to the Pig-Pen, like a coward?

We did have the "mother of all disasters" during the 2007 season and now it's over. We have a clean slate: a 0-0 record and a chance to build something exciting and competitive, leading to something to be proud of and perhaps...championships.

Arthur Blank is an honest, sincere man with the means to backup his pledge of bringing a quality football team to Atlanta. He has been guilty of being perhaps too trusting in others and at times seemingly too involved in day-to-day operations. Now is his chance to correct these errors and I believe he wants to and will do so.

A lot of people realized how bad the line is if Mike Vick gets sacked a lot then there is a serious problem and he did. It was also obvious ATL needed recievers, and secondary help. How many times did you see dropped passes and safety's and corners being totally destroyed. None of that was addressed because ATL was somewhat successful.

thenfl (1/11/2008)

A lot of people realized how bad the line is if Mike Vick gets sacked a lot then there is a serious problem and he did.

Mike's not getting sacked now. Good Lord, you are the one who started this thread. What does this have to do with Blank selling the team? How old are you kid?:angry: