smoke screen

the more i think about this, the more im starting think this whole pete carroll thing is a smoke screen. i think we trying to get the ravens, redskins, etc to bite so than we could go after who we really want and that would be garrett or mike smith.

carroll is a huge name and draws a lot of attention to himself and teams. by throwing his name out there it would get other teams interested thus allowing others to fly under the rader. just a thought i was having at work.

dan minnich (1/10/2008)
the more i think about this, the more im starting think this whole pete carroll thing is a smoke screen. i think we trying to get the ravens, redskins, etc to bite so than we could go after who we really want and that would be garrett or mike smith.

carroll is a huge name and draws a lot of attention to himself and teams. by throwing his name out there it would get other teams interested thus allowing others to fly under the rader. just a thought i was having at work.

I don't think that is totally far fetched, but I don't believe it personally. If Carroll wants the job, it's his. JMO.

BigSlick (1/10/2008)
dan minnich (1/10/2008)

I don't think that is totally far fetched, but I don't believe it personally. If Carroll wants the job, it's his. JMO.

i believe that also but im not sure blank really thinks he is going to take this job. its kind of a win win situation. if he takes it, good. if he doesnt take it, it will lead to other teams trying to get carroll and allowing garret or smith to come here.

dan minnich (1/10/2008)

"it's a conspiracy!", he screamed as the black helicopters swarmed to fill the sky like darkness enveloping us as we huddled in fear...........................

pig soooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yall!

That's a thought, although there is only one problem with that. It's widely known and has been since I lived in Cali at least that Carroll will only accept a job in which he has a major role in personnel decisions. What team in the NFL (and they are all wise to this fact) right now is in need of a HC who they will give broad powers too. There's only one correct answer. HINT: It's not Miami with Parcells; it's not the Ravens with Steve Bisciotti, Cass, Art Modell and Ron Shapiro; it's not Washington with Dan Snyder (and who want to keep their staff in place). Who does that leave?

Atlanta

Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but I doubt Carroll will even get a call from any of the other 3 teams.

celtik