How long will you give the new HC to turn things around?

he hate me

We have to be in this for the long haul. It should take time to turn this thing around, we are starting from ground zero. We are rebuilding.

When we hire the new HC it will be unfair to judge him by just wins and loses at least in his first year. I will judge him based on how the team looks from week 1 to week 17. I want to see progress.

I remember some Giants fans wanting Steve Spagnuolo's head on a stick after week 2 after the Giants gave up 80 points.

I dont think we should just fire someone over our eventual record, but I really think we have a good nucleus of players (IF used properly--W. Dunn was NEVER used as he should have been, Norwood not used properly, etc) and there should ne be no excuses going in.

Now, if injuries crop up and we 'were' competitive and getting better when the coming season ends-- great.

Our last coach quit during the Titans game in my opinion and we had a mess at QB. Other than that...I like our players.

Lets move on to bigger and better things,

People may think I am crazy, but with one good draft and free agency period we could be in the playoff's next year. The NFL is structured so that teams can have quick turn arounds. Considering though our QB situation, I think we could be 3 years from the playoffs. If we went out and got a McNabb and drafted well, I would be hopeful that we could contend next year. Alot of overhaul on offense is needed, I understand that, but it CAN be done in a year.

he hate me (1/10/2008)
We have to be in this for the long haul. It should take time to turn this thing around, we are starting from ground zero. We are rebuilding.

When we hire the new HC it will be unfair to judge him by just wins and loses at least in his first year. I will judge him based on how the team looks from week 1 to week 17. I want to see progress.

I remember some Giants fans wanting Steve Spagnuolo's head on a stick after week 2 after the Giants gave up 80 points.

Just like any other coach we've hired, you need to give them 2 - 3 years before starting to make any judgments. By the end of year 2, you should be seeing some difference and showing that you are at least headed in the right direction.

he hate me (1/10/2008)

Just like any other coach we've hired, you need to give them 2 - 3 years before starting to make any judgments. By the end of year 2, you should be seeing some difference and showing that you are at least headed in the right direction.

I was thinking about this today, and I was more than willing to give Quitrino two years, maybe four tops, to get this team to a highly competetive level, or at least better than mediocrity every year. So, I guess it depends on who it is. He was mostly new to the NFL, and turns out he was pretty much in over his head altogether.

I think I'd have to compare credentials to credentials. If it was to end up being Carroll, which I doubt, then maybe I'd expect even more, especially w/the way some around here seem to say he's the next coming of the Messiah.

We have some good players that can play like winners when they're motivated. But I'm sick to death of watching the "flashes of brilliance" on the field, and not seeing that talent demonstrated consistently. I just want them to get someone who can motivate our guys to play like they did in that Arizona game (except actually WIN it) in EVERY game. Seems like we only see our birds do that when they're playing for their jobs, or that you see it from maybe one or two players, but not the whole team all at the same time. In general, I think it shouldn't take more than 3-4 years (barring injuries and horrible drafts).

At LEAST 5 years. Arthur Blank has zero idea that it takes patience, coupled with confidence in your coaches PRINCIPLES of winning football and leadership of men at the highest level to consistently win in the NFL. Players will come and go, seasons will be up and down. The short-term-fix-it-now-win-the-superbowl-now-mentality has ALWAYS crashed and burned in the NFL. But if you have a winning strategy and principled leadership, and the guts to STICK with it over the long term, you will build a franchise that has a chance to contend consistently. i.e. Pittsburgh, Cower. Cower had AWEFUL years, many of them. Did they fire Cower every time he said something stupid in the press? no.

So far, Mr. Blank has shown none of the above.

With our record this year and all the young talent and a heap of draft picks , I think he should improve every year starting next year . Now to make the playoffs I think we have to give him 2 years to get us to the playoffs . Then we should have a great tema in year 3. With the right moves and Draft picks there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do this.

Its about progress, people, fans, the higher ups need to see that things are headed in the right direction. Take clevland for example, they made good chioces for there team you knew that it ust took some time to come together, thats the way i see it as. I do believe you need at least 2 years, but show that your headed in the right direction and you will get your time.

oldbird27 (1/10/2008)
We still have some very good players on this team. With any kind of decent human being as coach the players should respond. Give it a year.

A YEAR? IF WE WIN 6 GAMES .......... THAT WILL BE A TURN AROUND. But I think they can play 8-8 or better next year.