Steve Spagnuolo Steve Spagnuolo Steve Spagnuolo Steve Spagnuolo

Spags has paid his dues and excelled. I am friends with a lot of Giant fans. All of them love Spags and are extremely worried that they could lose him to us. When I asked them what Spags meant to them, most of them answered: He is the new, young Parcells.

For a Giant fan to say that is truly momentous. It is like a Cowboy fan saying that he is the new Landry, or a Bear fan to say he is the new Ditka. You get the point.

I really hope that McKay and Blank wrap this up soon, but more importantly, I hope they make the right choice at GM and hire Spagnuolo.

bgarcia28 (1/10/2008)
Spags has paid his dues and excelled. I am friends with a lot of Giant fans. All of them love Spags and are extremely worried that they could lose him to us. When I asked them what Spags meant to them, most of them answered: He is the new, young Parcells.

For a Giant fan to say that is truly momentous. It is like a Cowboy fan saying that he is the new Landry, or a Bear fan to say he is the new Ditka. You get the point.

I really hope that McKay and Blank wrap this up soon, but more importantly, I hope they make the right choice at GM and hire Spagnuolo.

Spags is a great DC, but we don't know if Spags is going to be a great HC. It's like saying a great college player is going to be great in the league.

While Spags is a very good DC, it is his personality that sets him apart. The Giants' D had become cynical and angry. They have played quality defense for several years, waiting for Eli to come around. Some of them, were worried about languishing beyond their productive years.

Spags managed to take hold of all of the defenders, young and old, and he forged them into an aggressive, dominating machine. The Giants are a very different team with Spags. The entire fanbase has taken notice.

Arthur should take notice as well. Leadership skills are rare. We have to hire Spags.

bgarcia28 (1/10/2008)
While Spags is a very good DC, it is his personality that sets him apart. The Giants' D had become cynical and angry. They have played quality defense for several years, waiting for Eli to come around. Some of them, were worried about languishing beyond their productive years.

Spags managed to take hold of all of the defenders, young and old, and he forged them into an aggressive, dominating machine. The Giants are a very different team with Spags. The entire fanbase has taken notice.

Arthur should take notice as well. Leadership skills are rare. We have to hire Spags.

VERY good reply, and 100% on point.

Juan, you're my hero!

This is exactly what needs to happen. With existing pieces of the defense

already there they could focus on building from the inside out. starting

with the O-line.

Assuming Steve has a good relation ship with Tom Heckert (Eagles) &

they hire him as well, the Falcons could be a 500 team next year. That's

right, I said next year.

all this talk of experience...

every HC coach was some other kind of position coach

at one point or another.

Maybe Tomlin didn't go to the Super Bowl but, he

was Defense coach for one year as well.

It's looking more & more like the cards are falling

into place. Some one else just posted Profootball

weekly in that Heckerts going to be the guy.

Those 2 are the best fit for this team.