We have weathered the worse of the storm. We have survived. The 2007 football season is in the rear view mirror. (Sorta like Rutger Hauer in the Hitcher. Let's just don't stop the car to let him back in)

I love this team. I love the fact that we have an owner who's on a quest to find the right man for the job. I love the fact that we have an owner that is willing to spend money on players, coaches, Gm's, facilities, etc. I also love the fact that our owner cares about the community and cares about the players' integrity that play for this team.

We should be happy that the owner of OUR team is leaving no stones unturned to find the right man to lead our team. I feel Blank has learned from past mistakes and this will just make him/us stronger in the future. He could easily hire a coach and GM but it is very evident that he wants to get it right this time. Support him by remaining patient while the search continues.

falken

This has been my ONLY team since 1970 and I will continue to support them through thick and thin. I support Mr. Blank for trying to get the right guy to bring us out of this nightmare. Yeah, he's made a couple of mistakes, BUT he doesn't deserve the blasts he gets on these boards. People who are blasting AB are the ones who are never, ever satisfied with anything we do -- damned if we do and damned if we don't! I hate that crap!

If you don't like it, you are always free to leave -- it's a free country. We don't want to listen to all of their negativity and cynicism. Mr. Blank is a good owner who wants the best for the team.

GO FALCONS!

magnus23 (1/10/2008)
While I agree with your post ... and feel the same way ... my one criticism of Blank is:

Why keep McKay?

He is treating this team too much like Home Depot.

The bloated top-heavy hierarchy he created I feel has hurt us.

In my opinion:

Rich Mckay has taken a heap of undue heat from these message boards. Mckay didn't even start taking heat until the spineless Petrino left and there wasn't anyone left to blame. Yes, some of the players that we have acquired have not panned out as we would have liked, but Mckay isn't the only one to blame for those mistakes. (We know Vick openly campaigned for Peerless and Mora wanted Webster)

We don't know the story of how all of this has panned out with Mckay not being the GM. It is very possible that he wanted out of the G.M. responsibilities. That he had too much on his plate. I do find it kind of odd that he didn't quit after the Parcells fiasco and has now been signed to an extension in a different capacity.

We all know that Blank hasn't been around football all of his life. I think it is smart of Blank to hire a quality football person such as Mckay to help in day to day operations of running a franchise. Let's face it, Blank didn't become a billionaire by not having people he could trust, evidently Blank feels that Mckay is that person.

Just out of curiosity. Why not keep Mckay?

falken

I love this team but I am not going to sit here and say I am pleased with the current situation.

I'm glad Blank is doing his thing but I am not overly excited because we've gone through this song and dance before... and we ended up with Petrino.

So please forgive me if I decide to hold my excitement until the search is complete.

Last year I thought things were going great and Wisenhunt or some other NFL candidate was going to be the HC and then out of nowhere... we hire Petirno, (which I hated).

Now things seem to be going well... and out of nowhere we find Blank is going for the "splash" hire and talking with another college coach.

Here we go again...

Dr John Zoidberg (1/10/2008)
I love this team but I am not going to sit here and say I am pleased with the current situation.

I'm glad Blank is doing his thing but I am not overly excited because we've gone through this song and dance before... and we ended up with Petrino.

So please forgive me if I decide to hold my excitement until the search is complete.

Last year I thought things were going great and Wisenhunt or some other NFL candidate was going to be the HC and then out of nowhere... we hire Petirno, (which I hated).

Now things seem to be going well... and out of nowhere we find Blank is going for the "splash" hire and talking with another college coach.

Here we go again...

I don't think you could find any members of this MB willing to say they are happy with the current situation. (Okay, maybe some of the Tampa trolls) Though I do find comfort in the fact that Blank is working hard to find the right guy.

Blank hasn't offered Carroll anything to any of our knowledge. As far as we know he just asked to speak with Carroll. Kudos to Blank for exploring all options. It's imperative to the direction of this franchise that the next hire be the RIGHT hire.

I don't think it is fair to compare all college coaches from here to eternity to Bobby Petrino. Carroll's success far outweighs anything Petrino has accomplished. Period.

Ken Radcliff (1/10/2008)
magnus23 (1/10/2008)
While I agree with your post ... and feel the same way ... my one criticism of Blank is:

Why keep McKay?

He is treating this team too much like Home Depot.

The bloated top-heavy hierarchy he created I feel has hurt us.

In my opinion:

Rich Mckay has taken a heap of undue heat from these message boards. Mckay didn't even start taking heat until the spineless Petrino left and there wasn't anyone left to blame. Yes, some of the players that we have acquired have not panned out as we would have liked, but Mckay isn't the only one to blame for those mistakes. (We know Vick openly campaigned for Peerless and Mora wanted Webster)

We don't know the story of how all of this has panned out with Mckay not being the GM. It is very possible that he wanted out of the G.M. responsibilities. That he had too much on his plate. I do find it kind of odd that he didn't quit after the Parcells fiasco and has now been signed to an extension in a different capacity.

We all know that Blank hasn't been around football all of his life. I think it is smart of Blank to hire a quality football person such as Mckay to help in day to day operations of running a franchise. Let's face it, Blank didn't become a billionaire by not having people he could trust, evidently Blank feels that Mckay is that person.

Just out of curiosity. Why not keep Mckay?

falken

My post was not an indictment of McKay.

Blank saw fit to demote him ... to strip him of his GM duties.

So your disagreement is with Blank, not me.

To keep him around will make the GM job here in Atlanta less attractive, not more.

My post was not an indictment of McKay.

Blank saw fit to demote him ... to strip him of his GM duties.

So your disagreement is with Blank, not me.

To keep him around will make the GM job here in Atlanta less attractive, not more.

I find it hard to believe that Mckay was 'stripped' of his GM duties. 'Relieved' is probably a better one-word description. I don't disgree with Blank or Mckay for this move. It seemed more like a lateral move that gives Mckay a definitive role in a different capacity.

As far as Blank's taking time and exploring all options, he's doing whatever is necessary to finally bring us a winner. If it takes another month, then so be it! I just want whatever is right for the team, and if he decides it's Carroll, then so be it.

Heck, I wanted the best flat panel HDTV for my football games, but it took me about 3 months of constant research before I made a decision. Now I am completely satisfied with my purchase -- it rocks!

How many of us would go out and buy a new car off of the first dealership lot we visit? Not too many! We like to shop around, visit other lots, kick a few tires, take test drives, etc., then we make a choice.

Blank is doing a damned good job and I commend him! KUDOS ART!

Ken Radcliff (1/10/2008)
Bumping for the TRUE fans.

This team needs less Terrance Moore fanboy's who bit$# and moan about every move the team makes and then bit$# and moan some more about ownership exploring all avenues in an attempt to get it right.

falken

This should be the most bumped thread in the history of rediculous thread bumps! :D

Seriously though Go Falcons. And screw the Patriots and their fans.

I've been here since the very first day, 1966. Don't panick. Everything will be alright. Don't be sucked in by the negative. And don't listen to these franchise experts. Sometimes they call themselves fans. Maybe they are ....... just not positive ones. I learned a long time ago that no matter what I think, all I can do is cheer the team on. Thats a fans job. Not drafting, not hiring GM's or HC's, not coaching. Just rooting the team on. How about it. Are you willing to stick to your position?:):)