• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grendel (1/10/2008)
Twinblade (1/10/2008)
grendel (1/10/2008)
Twinblade (1/10/2008)
McFadden or Matt Ryan, which one you rather have because Jake Long will be gone, Dorsey will be gone, so yeah I don't think everybody wants Matt Ryan.

Chris Long or Sedrick Ellis

Nope

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I agree we should trade down from #3 to #5 or so and pick up another 2nd round pick.

You think its going to be easy to trade down? No team is going to give up alot just for the top 5 spot...We are stuck. Don't bring that unrealistic Dallas trade either.

Twinblade (1/10/2008)
grendel (1/10/2008)
Twinblade (1/10/2008)
grendel (1/10/2008)
Twinblade (1/10/2008)
McFadden or Matt Ryan, which one you rather have because Jake Long will be gone, Dorsey will be gone, so yeah I don't think everybody wants Matt Ryan.

Chris Long or Sedrick Ellis

Nope

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I agree we should trade down from #3 to #5 or so and pick up another 2nd round pick.

You think its going to be easy to trade down? No team is going to give up alot just for the top 5 spot...We are stuck. Don't bring that unrealistic Dallas trade either.

Doesn't take much. Just need to have a GM with as much of a hard-on for McFadden as you have and it will be totally easy.

And oh no, I don't have a prospect in my sig for you to trash me with vy saying he won't be coming here. :exclamation:

grendel (1/10/2008)
beachbum35 (1/10/2008)
By the 2nd rd all of the great OT's will be gone, there will multitudes or RB's still available. Pray tell, sir, whom other than Clady or Long do you think can anchor a line for a decade?

Jeff Otah, Sam Baker, Chis Williams, Anthony Collins, or Carl Nicks come to mind...

Otah will be gone, Baker will be gone in the first round.

We shouldn't get him. This latest incident is not the only reason, but it's another one. That's 2 barfights he's been connected to and he's been linked to an agent. A reasonable person can see those are legitimate 'red flags'. Fans that nutthug glamourous stars will apologize like they do for YKW, but so what. The Falcons don't need to be risking $60 mill on an overhyped RB with questions about his character and intelligence. McFadden is no LT or AD.

CaptainSkully (1/10/2008)
Twinblade (1/10/2008)
Everybody fights, big deal, people thats going to say "don't draft him" are nobodys anyways.

No, everyone does not fight. Punks and thugs fight. Normal people can handle themselves w/o that nonsense.

see, there goes that word thug again that shouldnt be tossed around here so freely like that..so you sayin if some dude started touchin all over your wife in front of you, or he hit one of your kids, you wouldnt fight them cuze you dont want to be labeled as a "thug" right???

We need to stay away from any players with a repetitive history of inappropriate conduct on or off of the field. It is imperative for our success.

"No, everyone does not fight. Punks and thugs fight. Normal people can handle themselves w/o that nonsense."

Indubably. Exactly! BINGO! Act like a thug, get called a thug, get treated like a thug. When the police show up it is time to say yes sir and no sir.

And again we don't need to draft a running back. Long would be a great first pick.

01-5-8000.gif

Well I was a big fan of McFadden but this is the second incident in 1 year. Have we not learned anything from this season? It is time we build around good character players and McFadden is a big risk now. There are other players to be had lets build around players that are intelligent and have good character. Everyone always refer to the Patriots when talking about a great organization. Look at their core players, they were built around solid players of exceptional intelligence and good character.

Wow!!

In most cases, they don't start this stuff.

They are always tested. Bullseye is always on their backs. Think about dude that played for Denver that was killed. He, Javon Walkler, etc. were just out enjoying New Years Eve festivities (2006). A couple of guys in the bar started something.

Antoine Walker was in his own darn house when trouble found him. So, you can't just say stay at home.

A lot of times, others start stuff with them to be famous or get money. (McFadden will be a fairly rich guy soon.) Time are hard out there in the world. Some see athletes/celebrities as their "come up".

Ultimately, when people read the paper the other guys won't be mentioned, but the athlete will. Its not quite fair, but the general public does not care about the average joes that may have instigated it.

In this case, it seems that his brother was the one fighting and he wanted to protect his brother.

He is a kid, and most college kids like to go out. I know that loved to hang out in Athens or even take a trip to the ATL, when I was an undergrad. They are still kids and want to enjoy college life.

Not everyone that gets in a bar fight is a thug, but one that is about to sign a contract worth millions after already getting in trouble for another bar fight a year ago that he said had learned from shows someone with very little restraint not to mention making bad decisions when it comes places to hang out. What the heck is he doing in a bar at 20 years old anyway.

Not to mention its hard to believe someone is going to be picking fights with a group that includes someone of McFaddens size. Maybe he'll smarten up after this and become a future NFL hall of famer, but in my opinion drafting him is a big risk when our organization needs to be making smarter decisions after all the problems we've had this season. Now if someone like New England drafted him that would be a great decision for them because they have the core there and he would know his place on a team like that but Atlanta doesn't have a good foundation right now to be drafting risky players with questionable backgrounds. They have to establish a good core of intelligent and high integrity players if they ever want to be a stable and successful organization for the future. Look at the Patriots as a reference, not to mention the franchise right down the road called the Atlanta Braves.

Well I'd have to say I viewed it about the same as I viewed McFaddens first bar fight last year. It was a mistake, he appeared to have learned from it and we move on. Unforunately when a young man has two bar fights within a year at 20 years of age when he doesn't even belong in a bar, at the same time trying to get himself in position to move up to the next level you have to question the mans character.

I don't understand why Schaub even got mentioned in this, hes no longer even a Falcon so why don't we move on.