McKAY, DEVANEY MANIPULATING FALCONS' PROCESS?

As more time passes and more seemingly stoopid things happen in Atlanta, there's a growing suspicion in some league circles that former Falcons G.M. Rich McKay and current Falcons assistant G.M. Billy Devaney are doing whatever they can to ensure that someone who might fire them isn't hired by owner Arthur Blank.

The thinking is that McKay and Devaney are steering the process away from the high-quality candidates who might threaten their turf. There's also a belief that McKay and/or Devaney threw a monkey wrench into the pursuit of USC head coach Pete Carroll, who undoubtedly would want full control over the football operations.

Why else would Blank now be popping off about "radio silence" if he hadn't read the riot act generally to whoever it was that blabbed to Len Pasquarelli about the pursuit of Pete Carroll. With Carroll already disinclined to take on a reclamation project, giving him an unnecessary recruiting headache is slightly less effective than, say, sending him a box of Cubans.

birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)
As more time passes and more seemingly stoopid things happen in Atlanta, there's a growing suspicion in some league circles that former Falcons G.M. Rich McKay and current Falcons assistant G.M. Billy Devaney are doing whatever they can to ensure that someone who might fire them isn't hired by owner Arthur Blank.

The thinking is that McKay and Devaney are steering the process away from the high-quality candidates who might threaten their turf. There's also a belief that McKay and/or Devaney threw a monkey wrench into the pursuit of USC head coach Pete Carroll, who undoubtedly would want full control over the football operations.

Why else would Blank now be popping off about "radio silence" if he hadn't read the riot act generally to whoever it was that blabbed to Len Pasquarelli about the pursuit of Pete Carroll. With Carroll already disinclined to take on a reclamation project, giving him an unnecessary recruiting headache is slightly less effective than, say, sending him a box of Cubans.

Man, this just isn't getting any better, is it? One bad story after another just keeps streaming out of Flowery Branch like toxic waste. It's getting old, folks.

SoCalFalconFan (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)

Man, this just isn't getting any better, is it? One bad story after another just keeps streaming out of Flowery Branch like toxic waste. It's getting old, folks.

Consider the source.

SoCalFalconFan (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)

But really, how can you have someone thats already been told he'll be relieved of his duties interviewing possible candidates to replace him?

grendel (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)
grendel (1/10/2008)
It's good to credit your sources... this was posted on Profootballtalk.com a little while ago...

Are you saying I should credit profootballtalk.com for this article?

Well, did you write it, or did you copy it? Seeing as I saw exactly the same article with exactly the same text on PFT before you posted it here, yah, I think you should credit PFT as the source.

Reading is obviously optional.

grendel (1/10/2008)
scott24falcs (1/10/2008)

Consider the source.

Some like PFT, some hate it... I happen to like it for what it is... a rumor site.

The fact that this has been handled in such a way that this rumor can be started is what bothers me. I loved McKay's work as our GM, but as soon as Blank decided to replace him, McKay needed to go. You can't demote someone and ask him to help find the replacement.

Thats exactly the problem I have with process.

By the way.. Read carefully..

McKAY, DEVANEY MANIPULATING FALCONS' PROCESS? (8 members)

profootballtalk.com (feel free to browse right by this thread if you desire)

birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)
grendel (1/10/2008)
scott24falcs (1/10/2008)

Consider the source.

Some like PFT, some hate it... I happen to like it for what it is... a rumor site.

The fact that this has been handled in such a way that this rumor can be started is what bothers me. I loved McKay's work as our GM, but as soon as Blank decided to replace him, McKay needed to go. You can't demote someone and ask him to help find the replacement.

I saw the title.

grendel (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)

You do realize that the profootballtalk.com part is not visible from within the thread, right?

It's the subtitle of the thread.

grendel (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)

You do realize that the profootballtalk.com part is not visible from within the thread, right?

Just admit you didn't read the thread topic and move on. Thx.

grendel (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)
grendel (1/10/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)

Just admit you didn't read the thread topic and move on. Thx.

I admit that you didn't do enough to attribute your source on copyrighted material.

Sue me.

It's not my copyright, but it's the kind of thing that can get you kicked off a board run by an organization that doesn't want to get sued.

I'm hoping that you're one of the few here that can't read. I have confidence that the people that run this MB can read and will not have a problem with it.

birdweiserrr (1/10/2008)
As more time passes and more seemingly stoopid things happen in Atlanta, there's a growing suspicion in some league circles that former Falcons G.M. Rich McKay and current Falcons assistant G.M. Billy Devaney are doing whatever they can to ensure that someone who might fire them isn't hired by owner Arthur Blank

Pretty much, the only person who can fire McKay is Blank. Devaney on the other hand can lose his job.