Is Atlanta the worst NFL franchise in history?

I just read a comment on these boards and was wondering if any one else agreed.

I do not. When we suck, we really suck; but we try not to make it a habit. Granted we have always managed to be in a cupcake division... We could put together a high-light reel if we needed to.

But if atlanta is not the worst... Who is?

Jigga Donkey (1/10/2008)
It is the worst franchise in NFL history. You have an artificial fan base that's in love with a guy in prison. It's hilarious to watch this unfold, highly entertaining.

Uhhhhhh...........you are obviously NOT a Falcon fan so you really don't belong here. Let me guess what team you pull for............oh yeah, whoever is winning - right?

Chiropractor (1/10/2008)
I just read a comment on these boards and was wondering if any one else agreed.

I do not. When we suck, we really suck; but we try not to make it a habit. Granted we have always managed to be in a cupcake division... We could put together a high-light reel if we needed to.

But if atlanta is not the worst... Who is?

I recently saw a list of the 10 worst NFL Seasons EVER, we didn't even make the list.

here it is in case you want to check it out...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/football/teams/worst.html

or

1. 1976 Buccaneers (0-14) Under McKay's Dad

2. 1990 Patriots (1-15)

3. 1973 Oilers (1-13)

4. 1971 Bills (1-13)

5. 1981 Colts (2-14)

6. 1991 Colts (1-15)

7. 1952 Texans (1-11)

8. 1980 Saints (1-15)

9. 2001 Carolina Panthers (1-15)

10. 1934 Cincinnati Reds (0-8)

Also receiving votes:

1960 Cowboys (0-11-1)

1996 Jets (1-15)

1992 Seahawks (2-14)

1989 Cowboys (1-15)

1949 New York Bulldogs (1-10-1)

1982 Colts (0-8-1) (strike-shortened season)

2000 Chargers (1-15)

1942 Lions (0-11)

1943 Cardinals (0-10)

1944 "Carpets" (Chicago Cards-Pittsburgh Steelers merged team) (0-10) Note: After one game, three players were fined for "inept playing."

Anyone that has been a Falcon fan for a long time has had frustration set in time to time

with this organization. The thing that has aggravated me the most is not posting two winning seasons back to back. I love this team and have for 32 years and welcome the time when they put together a team that is consistent. Until then I will stay positive. I think the Saints have been the worst team in the NFL.

The Saints poor history over almost the same time period and against the same opponents every year is actually worse than the Falcons.

They have one playoff victory and very few winning seasons. The Falcons have had long stretches of poor play, but we have had a Super Bowl season, another visit to the NFC Championship Game, like three division titles.

Sometimes it feels like we are the worst, but it could be worse. Don't let the news of the last 12 months cloud your perception of our favorite team!!!

formul8or (1/10/2008)
The Saints. They have a worse record over the years and are annoying.

Ok, this is why Saints lurkers exist.

For 1, Saints don't traditionally carry bad eggs on the roster- that's why they are Saints and not sinners.

Second, Saints have a better all time league winning percentage than the Falcons.

foreveriloveatlanta (1/10/2008)
How about the Cardinals?

yup the cardinals is who i would say. they have been around since 1898 and have won two championships and have never been to a superbowl. they never have gotten past the divisional playoff game. the succaneers and aints were pretty bad too. if dungy was never hired the sucs would have never won the superbowl a couple of years back and they would be the laughing stock of the nfl.

The Cardinals are by far and away the worst franchise in NFL history.

Established in 1898, they've won only 2 championships (1925 and 1932, with the first one being disputed because it was "awarded" to them), have moved from Chicago -> St. Louis -> Arizona, and haven't won anywhere. They've gone to 7 playoff games overall, and have only won 2. Think about that. They've existed since 1898, and they've only won 2 playoff games. That's even counting the pre-Superbowl era, when they only had 1-2 playoff games. ONLY 2. We've won 2 this decade.

That makes us look like the Packers.

thaflameofatlanta (1/10/2008)
The Cardinals are by far and away the worst franchise in NFL history.

Established in 1898, they've won only 2 championships (1925 and 1932, with the first one being disputed because it was "awarded" to them), have moved from Chicago -> St. Louis -> Arizona, and haven't won anywhere. They've gone to 7 playoff games overall, and have only won 2. Think about that. They've existed since 1898, and they've only won 2 playoff games. That's even counting the pre-Superbowl era, when they only had 1-2 playoff games. ONLY 2. We've won 2 this decade.

That makes us look like the Packers.

yup like i was saying. cardinals are the worst.