This team is the laughing stock of the NFL

burdman

Demetrius Dew (1/10/2008)
burdman (1/10/2008)
No one is going to coach here. No FAs are coming here. This team is doomed.

I kind of like it, so we could get all those **** bandwagon fans (Vick fans) out of here and the real fans can be heard.

Great Point! The only problem is it'll probably take awhile to get the REAL fans to believe enough to buy season tickets. You may be looking at more than a few Blackouts in the coming seasons. Those Vick fans really filled up the Dome. Who's gonna take their place?

burdman (1/10/2008)

It takes time to construct a solid franchise. Yeah...Atlanta sucks and has sucked for most of the club's history...but you got to have the guts to face being a laughingstock here and there.

We finally have an owner that's willing to take some of these risks.

This team is not yet doomed. If it was owned by you or some other defeatist...yeah...it would be doomed.

Or if it was some small market team like the poor Saints...who will (most likely) move one day to Las Vegas or LA...

Not us. Not yet. Have faith. Stand and fight. A team is only as good as it's fan base and Owner.

burdman (1/10/2008)

The NFL Network and ESPN report the job in Atlanta as a "Prime Gig", because of the support of a motivated owner willing to do what it takes to bring a championship to the city. I guess you're just a #####.

I was a Vick fan, but first and foremost Im a FALCONS fan, I love my team and nothing is gonna change that. Mike was a primetime athlete and with that comes bandwagon fans, he's gone now so the majority of those fans are jumping ship now. All sports franchises go through this at one time or another. Anybody can stick by a winner, the true measure of a fan is how he reacts when his team is losing, staying loyal through the hard times is what makes the good times feel that much better. In my opinion you can't really call yourself a fan until you've gone through some hard times, going through the hard times is what makes you sherish the pinnacle.

Demetrius Dew (1/10/2008)
burdman (1/10/2008)

I kind of like it, so we could get all those **** bandwagon fans (Vick fans) out of here and the real fans can be heard.

im a Vick fan, but more importantly i am a Falcon fan. Real fans stick it out through thick and thin and support the team no matter what

falconfootball (1/10/2008)
I have a poem I stole from Hee-Haw for you burdman:

Gloom, despair, and agony on me...

Deep dark depression, excessive misery...

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

Gloom, despair, and agony on me...

Learn it. Love it. Live it.

Have a nice day! :)

Given his banding history, it's more like:

"... and PFFFFFT you was gone ....."