Why Pete Carroll Might Leave USC

to my knowledge, i believe USC is still under investigation for the whole Reggie Bush scandal. perhaps Carroll knows something that the public doesn't know and flee to the NFL. makes logical sense if this were the case. if the NCAA comes down on USC, you can take away the national championships that they won, take away scholarships, as well as any future bowls. it would cripple the program for years. coming to the falcons would probably pay him more and allow him to increase his legendary status. just my 2 cents

404 Meets 415 (1/10/2008)
to my knowledge, i believe USC is still under investigation for the whole Reggie Bush scandal. perhaps Carroll knows something that the public doesn't know and flee to the NFL. makes logical sense if this were the case. if the NCAA comes down on USC, you can take away the national championships that they won, take away scholarships, as well as any future bowls. it would cripple the program for years. coming to the falcons would probably pay him more and allow him to increase his legendary status. just my 2 cents

doubt it will be anything big. mayb lose a few scholarships, and its most likely the boosters. **** the scandal has been so quiet im suprised it going on still. dawg your thinking of the DEATH PENALTY in ncaa, and NO WAY IN **** will they do that to a program again. another thing is that USC doesnt really have competition in Pac ten, so a few scholarships wont hurt. they win the Pac ten like every year.

going to the falcons would be stupid. id rather go to the Ravens. they need a HC, and they already have an ELITE D.

GEORGIAfan (1/10/2008)

doubt it will be anything big. mayb lose a few scholarships, and its most likely the boosters. **** the scandal has been so quiet im suprised it going on still. dawg your thinking of the DEATH PENALTY in ncaa, and NO WAY IN **** will they do that to a program again. another thing is that USC doesnt really have competition in Pac ten, so a few scholarships wont hurt. they win the Pac ten like every year.

going to the falcons would be stupid. id rather go to the Ravens. they need a HC, and they already have an ELITE D.

wow, you really think if the NCAA finds out that Reggie Bush took all that money while at USC that it's just gonna be a slap on the wrist for USC? if that happens, THEY WILL take away those TITLES. they WILL put them on probation. if you believe that, then i'm sure the first time you heard about Mike Vick and the dogs you probably had the "they're not gonna lock him up" mentality.

as far as competition, they are the cream of the crop, but UCLA will be better w/ Nuiheisel within 3-5 years, Cal always has a strong program, oregon will be good as well as ariz st.

wow, you really think if the NCAA finds out that Reggie Bush took all that money while at USC that it's just gonna be a slap on the wrist for USC? if that happens, THEY WILL take away those TITLES. they WILL put them on probation. if you believe that, then i'm sure the first time you heard about Mike Vick and the dogs you probably had the "they're not gonna lock him up" mentality.

as far as competition, they are the cream of the crop, but UCLA will be better w/ Nuiheisel within 3-5 years, Cal always has a strong program, oregon will be good as well as ariz st.

I honestly think there is nothing concrete there because it wouldnt still be going on.. Its hearsay its always been that.

the second part you couldnt be more on point with.

USCfalcons23 (1/10/2008)

I honestly think there is nothing concrete there because it wouldnt still be going on.. Its hearsay its always been that.

a lot of people are gonna say that, but the thing is, the case has not been closed yet. we have not heard that that they will be moving on. just b/c there is no news doesn't mean everything is alright. all speculation and theory, but who really knows

USCfalcons23 (1/10/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/10/2008)

nother thing is that USC doesnt really have competition in Pac ten, so a few scholarships wont hurt. they win the Pac ten like every year.

USC>>>>LSU

Oregon w DIxon>>>>Georgia

Arizona State>>>Florida

Cal>>>>Tenn

1st oregon cant touch geogia's jock. and i hear that almost every year. this program is on the rise in the Pac ten, but USC always win, and dude LSU<<<<<<UGA, and USC<<<<<UGA.

Cal and Tenn are even. cal lost last year ten lost this year, and last time i checked UF was going to be top 10 while AZ state are still scrubs.

GEORGIAfan (1/10/2008)

like i said it aint a big deal to USC. they will win a Nat champ soon. they are always winning the Pac ten. Probabtion aint a big deal these days. you act like they are going to pull the Death Penalty.

GEORGIAfan (1/10/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/10/2008)

like i said it aint a big deal to USC. they will win a Nat champ soon. they are always winning the Pac ten. Probabtion aint a big deal these days. you act like they are going to pull the Death Penalty.

probation = no bowl games. no bowl games = no championships, even if they go undefeated in the regular season. i'm not saying they are gonna for sure get caught up and put on probation. but what if?

GEORGIAfan (1/10/2008)

1st oregon cant touch geogia's jock. and i hear that almost every year. this program is on the rise in the Pac ten, but USC always win, and dude LSU<<<<<<UGA, and USC<<<<<UGA.

Cal and Tenn are even. cal lost last year ten lost this year, and last time i checked UF was going to be top 10 while AZ state are still scrubs.

your defense would have no chance against Dixon & Stewart

they were averaging 50 pts a game, there D sucks but no way is Georgia putting 50 pts on Oregon, they barely put 50 on Hawaii

LSU's D is overrated & couldnt stop USC's offense from putting up atleast 24

USC has the best D in the nation, no way does that garbage LSU offense put 24+ pts up against USC & dont give me they did it to Ohio State, we have both agreed ohio St is super cupcake

last time I checked AZ St finished ranked higher than Florida

we talkin this yr famz not next

since the SEC has done so well vs the NCAA World, along with leaving before the NCAA restricts USC, he may be wanting to get in the heart of the SEC to find talent. I don't think there is anybody on the planet who don't know the very best athletes come from the SouthEast US. This ain't the only place that has top athletes but there isn't a shortage in the SEC.

Players = accomplishment for a thinking coach. Pete isn't a dummy

michaelgee (1/10/2008)

since the SEC has done so well vs the NCAA World, along with leaving before the NCAA restricts USC, he may be wanting to get in the heart of the SEC to find talent. I don't think there is anybody on the planet who don't know the very best athletes come from the SouthEast US. This ain't the only place that has top athletes but there isn't a shortage in the SEC.

Players = accomplishment for a thinking coach. Pete isn't a dummy

yeah were really hurting for talent