My first mock draft

Well, since it your first mock in here, ill go easy on it:P

Jake Long would be a great pick if he actually played LT in the NFL, but that is yet to be seen... No way in **** do you draft a RT at pick 3, unless you are the Pats and its a desperate need...

Kevin Smith can be had about a round later IMO. He just doesnt have the measurables to put him in the 2nd. Although he has had a good collegiate career, if he runs a 4.6 at the combine he can forget about going anywhere near the 2nd round...

Joe Flacco is a good pick, but even he may go in the 3rd. Since we need a QB though, it is more likely that we reach a little for whoever it is...

The Richardson pick i dont like at all, and i also think he falls to the 4th, if not a little later. You could probably swap Richardson with Dre Moore and that would be better value and have more of a chance of actually happening...

Moffit would be ok... He is a tackling machine, but im not sure he is the long term answer at MLB...

Not sure whether we draft another TE. We drafted Milner last year, so taking another one wont be in the plans unless we trade Crumpler to another team...

Im not familiar with Silva or Scandrick, and i like Alexis Serna better than Coutu but would be happy with either. The kicking situation definitely needs to be sorted out in the OS...

Overall i like the positions being drafted, but some of the players arnt on my 'high list' if you know what i mean. Instead of Davis, i would go for more beef either the DL or OL...

Hope this was helpful...

defensedefensedefense (1/10/2008)
Well, since it your first mock in here, ill go easy on it:P

Jake Long would be a great pick if he actually played LT in the NFL, but that is yet to be seen... No way in **** do you draft a RT at pick 3, unless you are the Pats and its a desperate need...

Kevin Smith can be had about a round later IMO. He just doesnt have the measurables to put him in the 2nd. Although he has had a good collegiate career, if he runs a 4.6 at the combine he can forget about going anywhere near the 2nd round...

Joe Flacco is a good pick, but even he may go in the 3rd. Since we need a QB though, it is more likely that we reach a little for whoever it is...

The Richardson pick i dont like at all, and i also think he falls to the 4th, if not a little later. You could probably swap Richardson with Dre Moore and that would be better value and have more of a chance of actually happening...

Moffit would be ok... He is a tackling machine, but im not sure he is the long term answer at MLB...

Not sure whether we draft another TE. We drafted Milner last year, so taking another one wont be in the plans unless we trade Crumpler to another team...

Im not familiar with Silva or Scandrick, and i like Alexis Serna better than Coutu but would be happy with either. The kicking situation definitely needs to be sorted out in the OS...

Overall i like the positions being drafted, but some of the players arnt on my 'high list' if you know what i mean. Instead of Davis, i would go for more beef either the DL or OL...

Hope this was helpful...

I thought smith in that spot might be a bit of a reach, but i think he's the most underrated back in the draft. he has patience and vision, which i would take over a few tenths in the 40 any day.

Silva is very good, im pretty suure he was an all american. he is always around the ball, is a good tackler, and goes all out on every play. he can return a little bit too. he lacks ideal spped though and thats why he will be a late pick, but at this point i definately think he's worth it.

As for the TE, i think crumpler's best days are behind him, milner is coming off of an injury, and blakley isnt anything special. I was pretty impressed with Davis when i got the chance to see him this season.