Show me one coach that is on the market better than CArroll

KingPickles

celtiksage (1/9/2008)
I couldn't tell you, and too bad we aren't ever going to find out.

But....

The correct question is tell us why PC is better than the next best HC candidate AND a viable GM with authority over personnel decisions?

That's the real question.

celtik

What do you think of heckert celtic.I havent seen your take.

celtiksage (1/9/2008)
I couldn't tell you, and too bad we aren't ever going to find out.

But....

The correct question is tell us why PC is better than the next best HC candidate AND a viable GM with authority over personnel decisions?

That's the real question.

celtik

Glad you asked. The guy is a winner . He has won on every level. As far as player personal I would say if it's not from the Colts or Pats then it fair game. A player is a player. It just takes coaching to get that player to hone his skills.

Does the players make the coach or does the coach make the player ?

thats like saying i challenge you to tell me what tomorrows winning lottery numbers are. we wont know who the best candidate was until a year from now. each person has a right to their opinion, so instead of calling everyone who thinks differently than you a poopi head or stupid, just let the cards fall where they may and we will see who is right and who is wrong.

buddrick (1/9/2008)
thats like saying i challenge you to tell me what tomorrows winning lottery numbers are. we wont know who the best candidate was until a year from now. each person has a right to their opinion, so instead of calling everyone who thinks differently than you a poopi head or stupid, just let the cards fall where they may and we will see who is right and who is wrong.

A poopi head? What are you, 4 years old?

You have been saying how we shouldn't hire Carroll, so the author of this thread asked the simple question of who is better? If you think you know something about it, then offer a solution. Like the author of this thread said, put up or shut up.

Nope I meant BOOM Madden.

Really dont how pete would do here. I dont know enough about that part of football to say if a coach will work here. Thats a GM's job. I am no way qualified to make these judgements (unlike the Messageboard GMs).

Madden would be nice though :D

MrPickles (1/9/2008)
I'm am pumped. Playoff ready and hungry for the challenge

HE WILL NEVER COME. IT WOULD BE THE EQUILVELENT OF GOING FROM HEAVEN TO ****.

But really, I think if Blank gave him enough control he might really think about it. I feel like he thinks he has something to prove to the NFL. That he can be just as good a Pro coach as he has been a college coach. I haven't really heard anyone say any thing bad about this guy. We know he is an expert on college talent. I'm not going to get to high in the air until some papers are being signed.:)

Is it just me, or are these searches getting really silly? I am afraid that I agree with a previous poster that at some point it begins to look like Arthur is begging for someone to work for him.

I remain most interested in hiring a GM first. I do not think Pete Carroll is the best GM prospect.

I still want HECKERT!

041224_heckert_inside.jpg

Dan Reeves

Marty Shottenheimer

the first two are on this list for obvious reasons.

Mike Zimmer

Jim Caldwell

Steve Spagnuolo

Jason Garrett

Mike Smith

Monty Kiffin

Ron Rivera

All of the above have done better jobs as coordinators than Carroll ever did in his day. All of them have earned a shot to be a HC. All of them are up to date with what is going on in the NFL. All of them have received recent recommendations from people within the league:players and personnel men.

Pete Carroll was fired twice in the NFL. What part of that is difficult to understand? Heck, Marion Campbell would be your idea of the best coach available. Carroll has done a great job in college. There is no shame in that. He is a phenomenal recruiter....that is why he has been able to build a dynasty in California. He is not a scheming genius. He just lines up the best players and beats your guys.

Please give up the Pete Carroll campaign. It is not working.