NFL Sirius Radio just confirmed Pete Carroll NOT leaving USC

I was listening and the producer broke in to say they had a source who had been in contact with PC or USC and confirmed PC was not leaving USC for the Atlanta Falcons. Yes, A. Blank wants to interview PC, but PC not interested. Let's not take an inch and make it into a mile.

So don't get your hopes up....besides we can do better than PC.

Denial by Pete and USC or not, does the fact that AB is still scouring the college ranks concern anyone? Is the NFL that devoid of coaching talent??? Or, is it that no NFL coach really wants a piece of the Falcons 'project'??

Since we are apparently widening our net for coaches, when do the Richt rumors start? Miles????

I'm telling you, we may be overlooking some good HS coaches:w00t:

Fun times in the ATL!!!:hehe:

falconcrest58 (1/9/2008)
I was listening and the producer broke in to say they had a source who had been in contact with PC or USC and confirmed PC was not leaving USC for the Atlanta Falcons. Yes, A. Blank wants to interview PC, but PC not interested. Let's not take an inch and make it into a mile.

So don't get your hopes up....besides we can do better than PC.

I just listened to a news update on Sirius NFL Radio, and they said PC told USC there was nothing worth commenting on to date, or words to that effect. To me, that doesn't mean he's ruled anything out. In fact, at the height of recruiting wars, if PC truly wasn't interested, he would've already come out and said he was staying at USC... which he hasn't.

ESPN just had breaking news that an interview is happening Friday and that Carroll is interested. If this signing happens, I'll be happy. Lest we forget he actually has credentials. He was a HC in the league (and a pretty good one at that). He sucked with the Jets, but took the Pats to the playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons.

monoxide (1/9/2008)
I'm calling BS on this, Sirius still has "Pete in Atlanta?" as one of their main headlines, and ESPN confirmed that Carroll is interested (I posted it not very long ago).

it very well could be BS...but I know what I heard and they said a source (called his name) from NFL Sirius Radio confirmed the fact that Pete was not interested in leaving USC for Atl and also mentioned Pete was on vacation.

Basically meaning do not put much stock in PC leaving.

monoxide (1/9/2008)
falconcrest58 (1/9/2008)
monoxide------now the NFL Network confirms PC not coming to ATL......still calling BS:hehe: on the PC interest:D

link?

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Pete Carroll has no interest in becoming the Falcons' next head coach.

Schefter quotes a source close to Carroll who says that Pete is "not even entertaining the idea" of going to Atlanta, and that he has similar disinterest in the opening in Washington. "It's the wrong place, the wrong time, the wrong guy," said the source. Still, Schefter thinks there's a chance Arthur Blank could make a "recruiting" trip to Los Angeles to let Carroll know just how much money he'd be willing to drop on the silver-haired Trojan.

how bout that:cool: