I still don't get it!!

birdweiserrr

birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)
How can we be pursuing potential HC's when we don't have a GM?

Either we have a GM or Blank is an idiot.

Well, which is it?

That is one of the reasons i am thinking Pete Caroll isn't as far fetched as some might believe. They might be giving him that much control if he comes in. If you have a GM already he is less likely to want to come in IMO.

birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)

Well, which is it?

Blank has already said that he's going to hire a GM before the HC.

Calm down. He's just trying to get some insight on which coach to hire after he finally pulls the trigger on a GM.

Statick (1/9/2008)

Calm down. He's just trying to get some insight on which coach to hire after he finally pulls the trigger on a GM.

Yup.

Since we don't have a GM, we should just not interview anyone, and let ourselves get further behind in the HC search?

They are doing the right thing to at least be interviewing. After we decide on a GM, then we can call back candidates for the second round of interviews.

Statick (1/9/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)

Well, which is it?

Blank doesn't need insight on which coach to hire being he's not the one that should be hiring him.

birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)
Statick (1/9/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)

Well, which is it?

Blank doesn't need insight on which coach to hire being he's not the one that should be hiring him.

Like it or not, the man's a hand's on owner.

As long as he keeps his hands out of football matters and lets his coach do the job he hired him for.

Statick (1/9/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)
Statick (1/9/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)

Well, which is it?

As long as he keeps his hands out of football matters and lets his coach do the job he hired him for.

Telling a GM which HC to hire is not keeping his hands out of football operations.

birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)
Statick (1/9/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)
Statick (1/9/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/9/2008)

Well, which is it?

Telling a GM which HC to hire is not keeping his hands out of football operations.

You mean to tell me that you have the belief that no NFL owner gives their input on which HC to hire? Not even a little?

I think just because Blank has been in the limelight more than other owners is giving folks the impression he's the only one who does so.

You mean to tell me that you have the belief that no NFL owner gives their input on which HC to hire? Not even a little?

I think just because Blank has been in the limelight more than other owners is giving folks the impression he's the only one who does so.

I don't know what I believe at this point. I know that something seems very strange and awkward.

Then again, this organization has been strange and awkward for years, including the Blank era.

There are now four teams looking for new coaches. We can't afford not to interview while the GM search goes on. Also, don't think it's not possible that the GM candidates are suggesting the names of coaches that they work well with so that we get two people in relatively short order that we know will work together. I think we'll have the GM first, but he'll be recruiting his choice of coach prior to signing the contract himself.

The bulk of the hot coaching candidates are with teams currently in the play offs. Last week was the window allowed for the Falcons to interview potential candidates. Therefore, they conducted interviews to get an idea of who these guys are. You take your chances when you get them as some of these guys may not be able to discuss a job until February. If the Falcons were not interviewing any coaching candidates until they hired a GM, some of you would be complaining. I really wish you all would move out of your parents basement and discover the real world.

Could it be possible that Blank and McKay are interviewing, and narrowing down the search for the HC? People relax! They are just taking the opportunity to interview while they can. It doesn't mean that Blank is hand picking the HC. We can only interview the coaches in the playoffs during a bye week. You can't pass up the opportunity. My hope is that Heckert is hired, and then he can do a second round of interviews, and compare what McKay and Blank found on the first interview.