D Hall untradeable

rexfalcon

N Asomugha, O Atogqwe, Marcus Trufant and Asante Samuel are all pro bowl caliber Defensive Backs that will be free agents. There is no way that DeAngelo has any leverage to force a trade. Additionally, all of the top junior conerbacks have declared for the draft.

Deangelo has no leverage and we have no leverage as an organization in regards to trading him. The best thing is to have DeAngelo play out this year with his contract and Franchise him next year in order to ensure draft picks.

rexfalcon (1/9/2008)
N Asomugha, O Atogqwe, Marcus Trufant and Asante Samuel are all pro bowl caliber Defensive Backs that will be free agents. There is no way that DeAngelo has any leverage to force a trade. Additionally, all of the top junior conerbacks have declared for the draft.

Deangelo has no leverage and we have no leverage as an organization in regards to trading him. The best thing is to have DeAngelo play out this year with his contract and Franchise him next year in order to ensure draft picks.

I dont think the market is to saturated because D hall rank up there with the FAs......i would love to bring in asante samuel....but it would make houston a wasted pick.

rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

OJ Atogwe is a FS, and he will be locked up by STL. Marcus Trufant will be franchised if not extended. Asomugha voided out his OAK deal to get into FA. Samuel will likely find his way as well.

2 top CBs in a league of 32 teams is FAR from saturation my friend.

Shaunn Lobo (1/9/2008)
rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

I dont think the market is to saturated because D hall rank up there with the FAs......i would love to bring in asante samuel....but it would make houston a wasted pick.

exactly, we cant just give up on Houston cosidering Hall wants to play with him. He showed great skills but also got beat on some simple routes. But we have to remember that he was a rookie and he will get better. Wasnt Hall injured his rookie year?

DemDirtyBirds4 (1/9/2008)
Shaunn Lobo (1/9/2008)
rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

exactly, we cant just give up on Houston cosidering Hall wants to play with him. He showed great skills but also got beat on some simple routes. But we have to remember that he was a rookie and he will get better. Wasnt Hall injured his rookie year?

Yeah for like half the year, but i think it did him good because when he debuted he was a beast in that Tampa game.

rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

Saturated??? :laugh:

How long you been watching football my friend? You think only 4 or 5 teams in this league could use a top 10 CB? Please.

rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

If Hall acts and plays like a PRO we should keep him.

If Hall continues to wanna be a PUNK we should trade him.

Hall needs to MAN UP and be a PRO not just talk BS all the time.

IMO Hall will be extended by the time FA starts.

I am very glad for this on the field, but it worries me he might be a pre-madonna like Manny Ramirez and Kobe Bryant, and ask for a trade everytime he doesnt get what he wants.

If I could see into the future and he would be that type, I would get rid of him yesterday. If not, I want him around 100%. CB is a very hard position to land. I worry that Samuel might not be as great on his next team. NE has a way of just plugging in CBs and they play great. Kind of like RBs in DEN, most of which never pan out at their next stop.

If we lost Hall, I would love to get Asomugha, but I think the coaches will feel Houston is good enough to be Halls replacement, and get a mid tier CB to compete to be our #2 (w/ Irons and/or a draft pick)

help me (1/9/2008)
jidady (1/9/2008)
We can't franchise him after this year. It's the Patrick Kerney voidable years clause all over again.

Another brilliant move by McKay?

No. Criticize McKay for things that are valid. Voidable years are standard in rookie contracts these days.

We can franchise him for 2008, but he's under contract. So, there wouldn't be any point. We could not franchise him next year unless the calendar configuration occurs such that his triggering of the voidable year occurs within the timeline of the period where we can franchise. Kerney's contract allowed him to basically pick the day when he voided during a two week (or 10 day?) period. The presumption is that the language in Hall's (and any other voidable years contract) is similar.

rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

Don't forget that Hall is a Pro-Bowl level CB as well. Most of those guys will NEVER leave the team they are on. Only 4-5 Top 10 CBs and a bunch of rookies is nowhere near enough to cover 32 teams.

rexfalcon (1/9/2008)

FYI DeAngelo is a better corner than those 4 named above

stop the trade talk crap we will pay the man & put this whole thing to rest.