General Football question here.....

Atowndown

When QBs would put a receiver in most they would use on of their legs depending on which side receiver was going in motion......this year you seldom see that at all.....you see them using their hands now to gesture the receiver in motion, why do you think this has evolved into the way of bringing your receiver in motion?

Shaunn Lobo (1/9/2008)
When QBs would put a receiver in most they would use on of their legs depending on which side receiver was going in motion......this year you seldom see that at all.....you see them using their hands now to gesture the receiver in motion, why do you think this has evolved into the way of bringing your receiver in motion?

they might not be putting them in motion. they could just be changing the play and formation all together which may make it look like the receiver is going in motion.

bossFALCON (1/9/2008)
Shaunn Lobo (1/9/2008)

they might not be putting them in motion. they could just be changing the play and formation all together which may make it look like the receiver is going in motion.

I have seen romo brady and manning do it constantly this year....the receiver is eyes in on the qb, the qb looks at them and motions for him to come in motion, it is definately them putting them in motion, not a play audible, its just weird they do it that way now....but come to think i see it mainly when they are in shotgun

Shaunn Lobo (1/9/2008)
bossFALCON (1/9/2008)
Shaunn Lobo (1/9/2008)

I have seen romo brady and manning do it constantly this year....the receiver is eyes in on the qb, the qb looks at them and motions for him to come in motion, it is definately them putting them in motion, not a play audible, its just weird they do it that way now....but come to think i see it mainly when they are in shotgun

i think it is a formation or play audible. not putting a receiver in motion. but who knows? different teams may do that to make defenses think that they are making an audible while they are just putting a receiver in motion.

I have seen both, but the hand is motion is probably a change in the route of the player in motion. They may have an option on what route to run in a formation. If the QB uses his hands to motion the receiver, then they maybe changing the route from say a dig to a slant. If the QB sends the WR in motion using the leg, then they run the route as called in the huddle.