Pete Caroll yes I knew it

KingPickles

MrPickles (1/9/2008)
He is the man for the job. He has NFL experience he is the **** vermiel type the players will love him.

I agree that he would be a great coach but would be wary of him running the personnel side. I still think he will be like Cowher and Parcells - this guy "flirts" with the NFL every year and then goes back to USC.

If Carroll leaves USC for pros(and Mort said it will happen eventually) - i don't think it will be for the Falcons - he's a "warm weather guy" - he would probably end up in San Diego or Tampa when jobs become open.

g-dawg (1/9/2008)
MrPickles (1/9/2008)

If Carroll leaves USC for pros(and Mort said it will happen eventually) - i don't think it will be for the Falcons - he's a "warm weather guy" - he would probably end up in San Diego or Tampa when jobs become open.

Yeah.....Avoid those brutal Atlanta winters........They can last for days.....

You guys gotta be kidding me right?

You want ANOTHER college coach?

Granted he's probably better than Petirno but you don't recruit in the NFL. USC has SOOOOOO much more talent than most of the teams they play.

Carrol will NOT have that kind of advantage in the NFL. And with the Falcons it will probably be the opposite.

This would be another bad move.

gatorsurf (1/9/2008)
Sorry, I can't get excited about Pete Carroll. He inherited a Super Bowl team, went to the playoffs with them the following year, missed the playoffs the next year, and was gone the next.

No. He went to the playoffs 2 years in a row. Winning the AFC East his first year and winning the wild card spot the next. He didnt make the playoffs his 3rd year. Robert Kraft bought the team that year and decided to make some personnel changes.

I think it is hilarious everyone saying this is a dumb move when there really isn't any candidates in the NFL right now with a ton of NFL experience. Is it the greatest thing you could think of? No. Pete Carroll, in my opinion, is better than Garrett, Singletary, or any other of the available candidates that we have interviewed. Do I think he will be here? No. But it is something to consider. Remember the press conference with McKay and Blank after Petrino quit. McKay said he had some interesting names on pieces of paper in his office and he also said not to count looking at college coaches out.