Mort on 680 this morning

Mort said:

does not think Falcons will hire Heckert as GM

said Gene Smith, Jags player personnel guy is very good and serious candidate for GM

said Falcons will interview Mike Smith, Jags Defensive Coordinator and would be good hire

said Falcons will interview Schwartz/Titans DC and said he's a lot like Jim Mora, Jr.

said Pete Carroll DOES want to come back to NFL at some point - needs the challenge

YP2K (1/9/2008)
Was it Pete Carroll that Mort said was good friends with Monte Kiffin?

yes, he did say that. How sweet would that be if we got Carroll and Kiffen as our Defensive Coordinator? I would probably be more excited about Kiffen - the dude is the best DC in the NFL for the last 15 years.

g-dawg (1/9/2008)

Mort said:

does not think Falcons will hire Heckert as GM

said Gene Smith, Jags player personnel guy is very good and serious candidate for GM

said Falcons will interview Mike Smith, Jags Defensive Coordinator and would be good hire

said Falcons will interview Schwartz/Titans DC and said he's a lot like Jim Mora, Jr.

said Pete Carroll DOES want to come back to NFL at some point - needs the challenge

If the Falcons are looking for a Jim Mora, Jr. clone, why didn't they just keep Jim Mora, Jr? Arthur Blank is running around in circles.

gritzblitz56 (1/9/2008)
After Mortensen used his position at ESPN to serve as Parcells' personal disinformation agent, I wouldn't believe him if he told me that today was Wednesday.

Mortensen sucks.

Yeah I must say that Mort and John Clayton dropped the ball on a bunch of big news this year. I wouldn't believe anything ESPN says anymore.

Mort especially sucked this year.

grendel (1/9/2008)
freakyfalcon (1/9/2008)
Carroll would maybe try to get Chow and Kiffin to come here. That would be tough though since it will be a lateral move for both. We would probably have to give up some draft picks to do so and we **** well dont want to do that. We need all the draft picks we can get.

I'm not sure what Kiffin's status is... I think his contract is up, so we could talk to him.

you are correct, Kiffin is out of contract as of today. :)