Great news.. UGA won't lose any underclassmen and early enrollees.

SacFalcFan

UGA underclassmen make draft decisions

FB Southerland, LB Ellerbe, DT Owens will be back; Incoming freshmen enroll early

Published on: 01/08/08

Georgia does not expect to lose any players to the NFL Draft. Fullback Brannan Southerland, linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and defensive tackle Jeff Owens were the likely candidates but all three have chosen to remain with Georgia for their senior seasons. There is not any other expected attrition. ... Five players enrolled Monday; wide receiver Tavarres King, lineman Ben Jones, running back Dontavius Jackson, linebacker Akeem Hebron and running back Richard Samuel. Samuel will remain at running back through the spring, Richt said. There have been discussion about moving him to linebacker and that possibility has not been ruled out. But for the time being he will be a running back.

*** AJ Green's coach has told uga insiders that AJ's first semester's results were very good. Plus his ACT score was also almost right there. He expects AJ to qualify and be there on time to UGA.

Vicious (1/9/2008)
That is good to hear. I guess those guys want to stick around for the excitement next year and boost their draft status. Don't blame them a bit! Too bad Coutu is a senior:crying:

Don't worry about Coutu leaving. Yes we will miss him, but not for too long. Next season you will be introduced to Blair Walsh, who has great potential, and will be an excellent kicker for us who has the leg and the accuracy.

Vicious (1/9/2008)
That is good to hear. I guess those guys want to stick around for the excitement next year and boost their draft status. Don't blame them a bit! Too bad Coutu is a senior:crying:

Yeah, Coutu's leaving, but that kid Blair Walsh is going to be just as good, if not better.

Hebron better keep up his grades this time around. I hate to lose him like we lost that other kid to Miss. State.

g6773a (1/9/2008)
Hebron better keep up his grades this time around. I hate to lose him like we lost that other kid to Miss. State.

I thought Hebron was booted for multiple underage drinking incidents.

Yeah. He got busted for underage drinking twice. That was what happened to him. I believe his grades were supposed to be pretty good coming out of Maryland. He's gotta stay of the sauce.

Statick (1/9/2008)
Vicious (1/9/2008)

Yeah, Coutu's leaving, but that kid Blair Walsh is going to be just as good, if not better.

His grades weren't the problem.. he got into trouble off the field regarding drinking.

SacFalcFan (1/9/2008)
UGA underclassmen make draft decisions

FB Southerland, LB Ellerbe, DT Owens will be back; Incoming freshmen enroll early

Published on: 01/08/08

Georgia does not expect to lose any players to the NFL Draft. Fullback Brannan Southerland, linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and defensive tackle Jeff Owens were the likely candidates but all three have chosen to remain with Georgia for their senior seasons. There is not any other expected attrition. ... Five players enrolled Monday; wide receiver Tavarres King, lineman Ben Jones, running back Dontavius Jackson, linebacker Akeem Hebron and running back Richard Samuel. Samuel will remain at running back through the spring, Richt said. There have been discussion about moving him to linebacker and that possibility has not been ruled out. But for the time being he will be a running back.

*** AJ Green's coach has told uga insiders that AJ's first semester's results were very good. Plus his ACT score was also almost right there. He expects AJ to qualify and be there on time to UGA.

Thank God we finally get to see Akeem Hebron I have a fealing he is going to be a beast great news...

SacFalcFan (1/9/2008)
Statick (1/9/2008)
Vicious (1/9/2008)

His grades weren't the problem.. he got into trouble off the field regarding drinking.

Really?

Well, I sure hope somebody got into his ear about not f'n up again.

Richt made Hebron go to Georgia Military College for a year to get his act in gear. He did the same for Josh Johnson back in 04-05. I assume during that time, the Dawgs fell out of favor with Johnson and he tried to sign with the Gators but they didnt offer a scholarship. So, he ended up going to Marshall instead.

freakyfalcon (1/11/2008)
Richt made Hebron go to Georgia Military College for a year to get his act in gear. He did the same for Josh Johnson back in 04-05. I assume during that time, the Dawgs fell out of favor with Johnson and he tried to sign with the Gators but they didnt offer a scholarship. So, he ended up going to Marshall instead.

Unlike Hebron who did everything the dawgs of him to do and he stayed out of trouble, josh johnson didn't.. he kept making bonehead move after bonehead move..