Arthur, please, I'm beggin' ya - interview Russ Grimm

g-dawg

The Atlanta Falcons would be lucky as can be should they land Russ Grimm as their head coach. He is that rare combination of "butt kicker" but who the players like to play for. The guy is great at putting offensive lines together with Pittsburgh - and is a highly respected NFL coach.

Not that it matters too much, but he also was stud Offensive Lineman for "the Hogs" with Washington Redskins and won multiple Super Bowls.

Arthur, interview this guy - c'mon.....

atlfalcon2184 (1/8/2008)
I haven't even heard of anyone requesting an interview with him this year. I'm surprised he's not getting any looks right now.

last year when both Grimm and Whisenhunt were hot candidates, we only interviewed Whiz.....I wonder if there is some "bad blood" between McKay and Grimm? I have nothing to base that on - just speculatin' :)

scott24falcs (1/8/2008)
100% agree with you. He's been the guy I wanted from day one, well atleast after Cowher turned us down.

I think our only hope is if the new GM that we hire wants Russ Grimm......for whatever reason, this is 2nd year in a row that Blank/McKay have not tried to interview Grimm

g-dawg (1/8/2008)
scott24falcs (1/8/2008)
100% agree with you. He's been the guy I wanted from day one, well atleast after Cowher turned us down.

I think our only hope is if the new GM that we hire wants Russ Grimm......for whatever reason, this is 2nd year in a row that Blank/McKay have not tried to interview Grimm

GRIMM MAY END UP BEING THE HC OF THE REDSKINS;)

REV.2000 (1/8/2008)
g-dawg (1/8/2008)
scott24falcs (1/8/2008)

never thought of that one - good theory, Rev.......supposedly Greg Williams, current Skins DC is frontrunner for the job - but Grimm should at least get interview there - i bet the Redskin nation would love to see Grimm get the job.

REV.2000 (1/8/2008)
g-dawg (1/8/2008)
scott24falcs (1/8/2008)

Maybe, but I think Gregg Williams will get it.

FalconFan13 (1/8/2008)
I would love to have Grimm here as HC. ****** you better believe the o-line would be priority #1 finally.

exactly! that is exactly why id love to bring him in.

i think the redskins are rumored to have interest in him.

why do we always go for the moves that look good or moves that are flashy and that will make headlines? why dont we get singletary or grimm when they would bring the right kind of attitude and dedication to upgrade part of our roster that has been neglected for a long time? especially the offensive line!

it is truly baffling. grimm would have been one of the first people i interviewed, right after cowher probably.