2008 First-Round Pick

TGeezy

You forgot none of the above. Of all those, I think Matt Ryan and Brohm are probably the only two that will go in round one.

Brennan can probably be had with a 4th-6th rounder and Woodson with a 2nd rounder.

Like the RB and DE position, we could get a starting QB as late as the 4th or 5th round in this year's draft. Why take a chance on Ryan or Brohm when you can get someone like Henne, John David Booty, Dixon, Ainge, Paul Smith, Tharp, Mauk, Brennan, Josh Johnson or Flacco from the 3rd-7th rounds or possibly even undrafted free agents? I don't advocate waiting until the 7th round, but I could certainly see us waiting until the 4th-5th rounds to draft a QB.

I'll be supportive but disgruntled if we draft a QB with our 1st pick.

celtik

I gave in and voted for Matt Ryan. I hope the Falcons don't go in that direction, but if I had to pick one, it would be Matt Ryan. I hope we are smart enough to either pick Jake long or a Defensive Player. I just don't think there is any reason to pick McFadden or any QB. There is a ton of Depth at RB and I don't see any of the QB's being a franchise guy. We need O-Line or a playmaker in the middle of our Defense (MLB or DT).

thatenglishkid (1/8/2008)
5) None of the Above.

JAKE LONG!!!

11=team (1/8/2008)
LOL:hehe:! None of the above- Falcons should concentrate on building an OL before recruiting a QB or RB who will be obliterated. Expectations exceeding capability always results in disappointment and CAP violations.

AGREED!!!! DRAFT JAKE LONG

I decline to vote, I think we need to concentrate on the O-line and defense. Redman, Shockley and a possible FA pickup should be suffice at the QB position. Dunn and Norwood's production increases with better line, as well as the passing game. The teams that win (Indy & Patriots) have very good o-lines that make holes and give the QB time to make reads. Look at the Patriots, none of the offensive players are high 1st round picks, just good players that are benefitting from a good system and an line that creates and protects. Concentrate on building an o-line and getting more talent on the defense.

In all honesty, those 4 QB's are a coin flip for me. I don't think any one of those 4 really outshine the others that much. If you look directly at numbers than they separate themselves, but I think that's reflective of the teams they play on rather than their talent level. I wouldn't pick any of the 4 in the first round when you could get any of the four in the second round. The talent dropoff is not far enough to waste a 1st round pick on any of them. The talent dropoff at OT on the other hand is enormous after the first 2-3 OT's in this draft, so hopefully we will take an OT in the first. RB in my opinion is the same way, there are 10 RB's coming out that I think could sufficiently run the ball if we have a decent OL in front of them. Not a big enough dropoff in talent to take either of those positions early.

None of those Chumps. None of them are worth a top 15 pick much less top 5.

Brohm 15-20

Woodson 20-25

Ryan 25-32 <--- i wouldn't take him in the 1st 2 rounds personally

The choices you should have up there are

A. Mcfadden

B. Dorsey

C. Lauranitis

D. Clady

E. Long

F. Ellis

Thats a good top 6 list to choose from.

If you want a QB thats worth his value then look at Joe Flaaco in the late 2nd early 3rd round.

FalconFan13 (1/8/2008)

Brohm 15-20

Woodson 20-25

A. Mcfadden

B. Dorsey

C. Lauranitis

D. Clady

E. Long

F. Ellis

If you want a QB thats worth his value then look at Joe Flaaco in the late 2nd early 3rd round.

i agree with most of that except Flaaco. What is so good about him? I would much rather have Henne.

DemDirtyBirds4 (1/8/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/8/2008)

Brohm 15-20

Woodson 20-25

A. Mcfadden

B. Dorsey

C. Lauranitis

D. Clady

E. Long

F. Ellis

i agree with most of that except Flaaco. What is so good about him? I would much rather have Henne.

Because i have watched alot of his video and like Ryan he has great intangibles he unlike Ryan is very smart. He is pretty Mobile as well. I think he has one of the quickest releases i have seen of all the qb's coming out this year.

Plus he beats Henne in every stat possible per year avg.

Henne

59.4% Completion 7.02 ypa 2.5 TD to int ratio 134.02 QB Rating

Flacco

63.4% completion 7.42 ypa 3.5 TD to int ratio 136.86 QB Rating

Henee isn't a bad QB at all i just feel Flaaco is better from what i have seen from both of them on film. If we took henne in the 3rd i wouldn't complain 1 bit if we took studs in the 2nd round.

FalconFan13 (1/8/2008)
DemDirtyBirds4 (1/8/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/8/2008)

Brohm 15-20

Woodson 20-25

A. Mcfadden

B. Dorsey

C. Lauranitis

D. Clady

E. Long

F. Ellis

Because i have watched alot of his video and like Ryan he has great intangibles he unlike Ryan is very smart. He is pretty Mobile as well. I think he has one of the quickest releases i have seen of all the qb's coming out this year.

Plus he beats Henne in every stat possible per year avg.

Henne

59.4% Completion 7.02 ypa 2.5 TD to int ratio 134.02 QB Rating

Flacco

63.4% completion 7.42 ypa 3.5 TD to int ratio 136.86 QB Rating

Henee isn't a bad QB at all i just feel Flaaco is better from what i have seen from both of them on film. If we took henne in the 3rd i wouldn't complain 1 bit if we took studs in the 2nd round.

yes but you have to look at his competition