Joe Gibbs resigned as HC of the Redskins!

IJoe Gibbs to Resign as Redskins Coach

Date: 1/8/2008 2:14:14 PM

Author: TheBigLead

According to the Associated Press, Redskins coach Joe Gibbs has resigned as head coach and President of the team. Yesterday, he was noncommittal, now, he's out? Strange. There will be a press conference at 3 p.m. Since this happened within the last 15 minutes, we might as well go with it: Who's getting the job? Would Bill Cowher take over a playoff team? Les Miles? Nick Saban?

If you remember correctly it was Steve spurriwer who se resignation affected the outcome of the Falcons hiring last time, where it may have been gibbs, but we ended up with Mora. Could Smyder jump one of our candidates and still them out from under our nose?...Say Caldwell, Sparano, or Garret!

bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
WhenFalconsWin (1/8/2008)
bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
yup just saw it.

I just hope Snyder doesn't target someone we're after!

yea the more teams without coaches, the more competition we will have.

Agreed! Snyder has a way of throwing his money around unlike any other owner...Cowher would not shock me even though he spurned Blank!

According to the Associated Press, Redskins coach Joe Gibbs has resigned as head coach and President of the team. Yesterday, he was noncommittal, now, he's out? Strange. There will be a press conference at 3 p.m. Since this happened within the last 15 minutes, we might as well go with it: Who's getting the job? Would Bill Cowher take over a playoff team? Les Miles? Nick Saban?

Les Miles? Nick Saban?

If they end up going that route all I have to say is.... good luck.

bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
yup just saw it.

Agreed! Snyder has a way of throwing his money around unlike any other owner...Cowher would not shock me even though he spurned Blank!

i agree. nothing suprises me in the nfl anymore

bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
yup just saw it.

Snyder does what Blank used to be able to do and that is lure in people with his money!

bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
bossFALCON (1/8/2008)
yup just saw it.

Snyder does what Blank used to be able to do and that is lure in people with his money!

$$$$ + playoffs>>>>>>>>> $$$$$$$$$$ + 4 and 12

Redskins will have their pick of the litter

vafalcfan (1/8/2008)
I live and work in the DC area, I heard on the news a few minutes ago that Williams has a clause in his contract that if he is not chosen as the coach to replace Gibbs he gets a million dollar bonus.
That's a nice little clause to have put in your contract.
paul_k (1/8/2008)
They will most likely make their DC-Greg Williams their HC. In past years, they've kept him from interviewing for other head coaching jobs by promising to make him their HC once Gibbs retired.

After I read the first post, I was going to say that if they don't hire Greg Williams, they're idiots. I decided to read through all threads to see if anyone else mentioned it.

I know Al Saunders is a good coach, too, but I thought Williams did okay in Buffalo (wasn't it?) Anyway - he's great HC material, IMO.