Thugs in Politics

goldenfalcon

I'm not trying to stur up a discussion about politics. But merely the use of the word Thug on this board with its association with marijuana.

Soooo, I was browing youtube checking out videos of recent presidential debates and etc and came across this video.

John Kerry, Edwards, Obama, and many others admitting to smoking pot in the past....

Looks like being a Thug can help get you to the white house!

Discuss!

The word 'thug' has nothing to do with marijuana. People that make up meanings for words are ignorant and not worth taking seriously in most cases. All the whining about the word 'thug' is just another excuse for people who want to constantly be portrayed as victims.

halsey (1/8/2008)
The word 'thug' has nothing to do with marijuana. People that make up meanings for words are ignorant and not worth taking seriously in most cases. All the whining about the word 'thug' is just another excuse for people who want to constantly be portrayed as victims.

Its funny that you can't see the contradiction in your comment.....but that's to be expected from someone who probably uses the word "thug" in a way to illicit those whiny complaints.

halsey (1/8/2008)

Or it could be a cancerous tumor on the soul of the one throwing that lable around, at people for the sake of being too lazy to learn about and/or embrass those that are different from them. :ermm: :pinch:

morphy (1/8/2008)
marinetildeath (1/8/2008)

swat teams, how the **** do you figure!!!!

Let me refine that statement a bit: some SWAT teams, not all.

That said, click on the **** link. Sheeesh.

that was the sheriff's decision, not the team...we do what we are told to do by our department heads and chief...i kinda understand both sides of the story, but what they did was not illegal

halsey (1/8/2008)

Yeah I know....i believe its thuggish to call people out of their names. I wonder how that will float...

pencilpusher (1/8/2008)
Marijuana = thug? Never even heard that.

To me I associate marijuana with slackers, hippies, and college kids.

We'll i've seen it used more times than often, more recently in a post in Talk about Falcons Forum where several users said, Vick is a thug who flipped off fans, smoke weed, and etc. Then I came across this video and though I would share.