James Laurinatis didn;t look all that great to me tonight. Maybe he just didn't have all that great a game or maybe he's overhyped.

halsey

I've seen Laurinatis play a few times and i'm on the fence about him. He always looks solid, but not spectacular to me. In a way that's typical of MLB's I guess because thier main job is to bascially tackle, but i'm just not sure he's as good as his press. People tend to use Ray Lewis in his prime as the measuring stick for MLB's and that's kind of like expecting every RB to be Barry Sanders. Still though, I would expect more that what i've seen in the few times i've watched him for a guy that's so talked up by the press. If he were to declare I wouldn't expect to see him drafted in the top 10 based on what i've seen. He looks like a mid first rounder at best to me. Thoughts?

IF Laurinaitis declares and he makes it to the NE pick, they`re taking him. With Bruschi and Seau aging, an ILB is a need for them.

Back to the thread. He is a solid player, not really that 'WOW' type of player like AJ Hawk was, but still effective and elusive as a tackler and in pass coverage.

papikaika (1/8/2008)
IF Laurinaitis declares and he makes it to the NE pick, they`re taking him. With Bruschi and Seau aging, an ILB is a need for them.

Back to the thread. He is a solid player, not really that 'WOW' type of player like AJ Hawk was, but still effective and elusive as a tackler and in pass coverage.

Meh, it's common to see people expect a team to target a certain player to only see them pass on him. Many people thought the Brady Quinn was the obvious choice for Miami last year. NE may need a CB real bad if Samuel leaves. You also never know what they'll do in free agency.

I watched him a lot against LSU. He had a solid game and was usually around the ball. I noticed on one play that he vacated his area to cover a reciever and the ball was completed in his departed area. That may not have been his fault.

Overall, I think he had an okay game. But let's face it ... Ohio St. didn't live up to their hype of having a great defense. I was most impressed with Heyward and probably least impressed with Golsten (msp?).

I've watched him in several games.....looks more like a 2nd rounder to me....Jon Beason popped off the screen in CFB...ditto for Pat Willis and A.J. Hawk......and Vilma......****, Dannell Ellerbee impresses me more than Laurinitis.....the big 10 was pathetic this year....

I wasn't overly impressed with Laurinaitis last night either........or any other Buckeye not named Chris Wells.

I watched him on every play and he was solid but like you said he didn't "wow" me. He only missed one tackle that I saw (against Trenden Holliday) and stood up Jacob Hester on back to back plays on the one inch line.......it was border line the third time.

It's herd to judge him on the two big plays to the TE Davidson because you don't really know if that was his zone or if he was required to cover the flat like he did.

He is still the starting MLB on one of the most dominating defenses and I would be surprised if he wasn't picked in the top 5 dispite this subpar performance.

He wasn't all that spectacular, but I still think he is one of the best defensive players in the upcoming draft. I haven't seen enough of Connor to comment on him. I would really love it if the Falcons drafted Laurinaitis, however with a top 5 pick, he's not worth it. If we're going defense, it needs to be either Dorsey or Ellis. I would love for us to draft Chris Long, but I just can't see us going in that direction.